A group of parents pulled their kids from class after they learned that Ivanka Trump was making a surprise visit to their school.
The first daughter took a trip to the Norwalk Early College Academy at Norwalk High School to tour a program that allows students to simultaneously earn a high school diploma and associate of applied science degree. The parents, who reportedly oppose Donald Trump's policies, said that they received little information about Ivanka's visit.
"This ought to have been conveyed to our consideration, in spite of the fact that I do comprehend security reasons", parent Karey Fitzgerald revealed to News 12.
Ivanka discussed the importance of career education and technical skills at the Norwalk Early College Academy along with IBM CEO Ginni Rometty.
However, her visit, which meant to be educational, turned into a chaos when angry parents showed up to the school and abruptly pulled their children out of class.
"To see the passion and enthusiasm for bringing real-life skills into a classroom environment but then coupling it with real-life experience through internship creates this really attractive virtuous angle", she said, according to News 12 CT.
Some parents told the station that they took their kids out of school when they eventually heard about the visit. "Ms. Rometty and Ms. Trump had the opportunity to meet these students and engage in a panel conversation during this visit", the academy wrote in a Facebook post. It's something He will never forget.
According to Newsweek, the Trump daughter influenced her father in September to direct the Education Department to invest $200 million into expanding STEM subjects each year.
Ivanka Trump was joined at the event by IBM CEO Ginny Rometty, whose company IBM has created an academic model now being used at the NECA.
- EU triggers procedure against Poland
- National Signing Day 2018: Five-Star DE Micah Parsons Commits to Penn State
- Samsung Launches Galaxy A8, Leaks Reveal Galaxy S9 Details
- Sex Harassment in Congress: $199K in Settlements Disclosed
- When Elon Musk tweeted his private phone number for all
- Kim Jong-hyun of K-Pop Group SHINee Dead at 27
- Dean Ambrose injury update provided by WWE
- USA lifts ban on funding risky virus research
- Every home will be able to demand fast broadband
- Two Stable Stocks: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD), Halliburton Company