Mesut Ozil's stunning first-half volley was enough for Arsenal to pick up a 1-0 victory over the Magpies at the Emirates Stadium, a result which saw Newcastle drop into the relegation zone courtesy of wins elsewhere for Crystal Palace and West Ham United.
"The fans know what happened in the summer, and they know what we have to do", said Benitez.
Ghana worldwide Christian Atsu will not celebrate the festive season because Newcastle's players have cancelled their own Christmas party as they attempt to drag the club out of an alarming Premier League slump.
"Obviously, Arsenal away is always a tough game but we've a few fixtures coming up now where we need to make sure we use the same attitude and the same commitment against teams that we can pick up points against". We have to talk.
Benitez said: "Yes I had a conversation [with Lee Charnley] yesterday and we were talking about possible targets and what we have to do and we will discuss that further".
"They want to give a very clear message that they care and they want to do things right".
Of course, to get that win Newcastle would have to overcome some truly very bad form.
"Sometimes you need a little bit of luck, sometimes it's the final decision".
He added: "It is more depending on the players that you can sign - you can sign one or two, or you can sign five". When you play against a good team they scored a great goal and after that had a couple of chances, but we were still in the game, still we were competing.
"Now, we have to put things right and make sure that we continue with this mentality and spirit, and playing better if we can. Things will be different because the distance is not too big in the table".
- Applied Materials (AMAT) Position Held by Evanston Investments INC Dba Evanston Advisors
- SNL: Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump declares war on Christmas is over
- Google is officially shutting down Tango AR after three years
- Government Will Bear Merchant Charges Up To Rs 2000 Debit Card Purchases
- Celebration Bowl 2017 score: Updates for Grambling-NC A&T
- Zaveri Bazar building crash toll rises to four
- Chevrolet Silverado Unveiled Ahead Of Detroit Debut
- Young leads Sooners' upset of Shockers
- Rep. Blake Farenthold will not run for re-election amid sexual harassment allegations
- Trump Delivers Forbidden Words