One gossip website said this "bending" of the rules was done in a bid to "please" Prince Harry because Queen Elizabeth II "might favour Meghan over Kate simply because she's seen evidence of her strong work ethic".
May 19, 2018, will be the day that Prince Harry and his fiancée, Meghan Markle, will be married at St. George's Chapel in Windsor Castle.
William is president of the English Football Association, and May 19 is the date of the FA Cup final, one of the biggest English soccer games of the year.
Prince Harry and his fiancee previously said they wanted the public to feel a part of the celebrations.
When the engagement was announced, the palace said the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan will "reflect their characters and personalities" and be a moment of "fun and joy".
Before the wedding takes place Megan will need to be baptised in the Church of England and will acquire her British citizenship.
The wedding date presents a potential conflict for Prince William, however.
Christmas with the British royal family involves a black-tie dinner, a church service on Christmas day. and hilarious gag gifts.
At Princess Diana's first Christmas with the royal family, she reportedly wasn't in on the joke and bought everyone cashmere sweaters and mohair scarves to general amusement.
The Gothic St George's Chapel is located in the grounds of Windsor Castle, which has been the family home of British kings and queens for nearly 1,000 years.
- Gujarat Poll: PM Modi casts vote in Ahmedabad
- Trump moves to stop spouses of H-1B visa holders from working
- Shipping something to mainland for Christmas? Time's running out
- Denham Springs police to participate in Drive Sober campaign
- Tyrod Taylor to Start Week 15 vs. Dolphins After Nathan Peterman's Concussion
- Trump celebrates Federal Bureau of Investigation academy grads, brushes aside his criticism of agency
- Turkey seeks United Nations help to foil U.S. decision on Jerusalem
- China says war must not be allowed on Korean Peninsula
- Gujarat elections: SC rejects Congress plea to verify VVPAT with EVM votes
- Late-night host Jimmy Kimmel holds son, pleads for health care