Kettle donations to date are at $41,000.
You can drop off the angel gifts at the Salvation Army Angel Tree at Independence Mall, any Salvation Army store, or the Salvation Army's location at 820 North 2nd Street in downtown Wilmington.
"We're just so excited for this great, generous gift that really infuses our numbers and helps us to provide the services that we do throughout the year", said Salvation Army Area Commander Major Keath Biggers.
"It's important to see that the young people get toys and such for Christmas".
Anyone able to volunteer for a kettle shift is asked to call Nicole at 335-0571.
From emergency shelter beds to hot meals at the centre, kettle donations make an impact on this community, McKenzie said.
Amanda Johnson, Mia's mother, says that it all started when she brought Mia along to help one year while ringing the bell for the Salvation Army.
Also, the Salvation Army of Ohio, Marshall, Wetzel and Tyler Counties has some good news to share.
- Israeli intelligence minister invites Saudi crown prince to visit
- Semi driver charged in Highlands County accident involving school bus
- Gemalto Rejects Proposal By Atos
- Estranged husband kills wife, self at Penn State satellite campus
- Gundogan: City Are Yet To Win Anything
- Congress Ignores Trump's Iran Deal Deadline
- Arsenal's Mustafi out, Ramsey doubtful for West Ham game
- Court document points to Kaspersky Lab's cooperation with Russian security service
- Schlumberger (SLB) Shareholder Markel Corp Has Lowered Stake as Valuation Declined
- Just in: Appeal Court sends Saraki back to Tribunal