Real Madrid will play against Brazil's Gremio at the final on December 16 at Zayed Sports City Stadium, Abu Dhabi. Thus, it should come as no surprise to hear that upon his appointment as Real Madrid manager, there was one particular item he couldn't live without in his working space.
Real Madrid failed to equalize the score before the half time to end the first half 1-0.
Winning the Club World Cup could "reinforce" Real Madrid's season and give them the kickstart they need, according to Michel Salgado.
Zinedine Zidane's charges thought they had taken the lead on 30 minutes through Casemiro but the referee's initial decision was overruled by the Video Assistant Referee (VAR).
The Welshman came off the bench with ten minutes remaining and took just seconds to fire in what would prove to be the eventual victor. He scored a goal that means a lot to us.
Bale earns Real Madrid late win over Al Jazira
Seven minutes later, Real should have been ahead when Achraf Hakimi picked out Karim Benzema, who managed to head wide with only the goalkeeper to beat.
"I have the best in the world and he is showing it in this shirt", Zidane told a news conference in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday.
Madrid had already seen a goal by Benzema disallowed about 10 minutes earlier, after the referee signalled a foul by Ronaldo on a defender.
Moubarak Boussoufa produced a great pass that found Romarinho inside the penalty area, who took advantage of the situation to rifle a shot into the bottom right corner to put Al Jazira 1-0 up in the 41st minute.
- Fishburne Military honors veterans with Wreaths Across America ceremony
- Four people seriously injured by Israeli fire at Gaza border
- Does Tidal have only six months to live
- Facing Lawmakers, DAG Rosenstein Goes to Bat for Mueller
- How mutton soup did in killer wife and paramour in Hyderabad
- Redskins deny name change to 'Redhawks' after internet hoax
- Alex Garland's 'Annihilation' Gets An Action-Packed New Trailer
- Google Assistant finally headed to tablets and more smartphones
- Gold in holding pattern ahead of Fed rate decision
- Senator Grassley expresses reservations on two Trump judge nominees