Yeatman's dismissal comes almost one week after HuffPost reported he told the woman that higher-ups at Netflix didn't believe the four women who had accused Masterson of raping them in the early 2000s. He could not be reached for comment by Bustle; THR reports that he declined to comment when reached by email. At the time, Yeatman reportedly said that although the service does take those kinds of allegations seriously, they didn't believe the women in this case.
Andy Yeatman's exit comes after a Huffington Post article published last week detailed a conversation Yeatman had during a children's soccer match with a woman who had asked him why Netflix had not taken action against Masterson. Further, he would have no insights into decision making on The Ranch.
Netflix denied that Yesatman ever made that comment and said in a statement: 'We are aware of the allegations against Danny Masterson and we are following the current investigation, and will respond if developments occur'.
On Tuesday, Dec. 5, Netflix announced Masterson had been fired from The Ranch. The woman Yeatman was talking to then revealed that she was one of Masterson's accusers. "[Monday] was his last day on the show, and production will resume in early 2018 without him", the company said in a December 5 statement. Masterson will still appear in the second half of The Ranch's second season, plus several season 3 episodes.
Last month, a report by the Huffington Post illuminated the charges against Masterson, a longtime Scientologist, including accusations of rape by three women who are also members of the church.
Netflix's decision to stick by Masterson for as long as it did was considered curious, given that the company moved quickly to cut professional ties with comedian Louis C.K. and actor Kevin Spacey, after multiple women and men came forward to accuse those entertainers of sexual harassment or assault. "From day one, I have denied the outrageous allegations against me", he said in a statement. Law enforcement investigated these claims more than 15 years ago and determined them to be without merit, ' Masterson said after being fired. "I have never been charged with a crime, let alone convicted of one", the statement read.
- Germany's Lufthansa drops bid for Air Berlin's Niki unit
- Energy prices drive USA wholesale inflation to 5-year record high
- Smithereens frontman and co-founder, Pat DiNizio, dies at 62
- John Stamos, fiancee Caitlin McHugh expecting their first child
- US TV Channel Claims Ram Setu or Adam's Bridge was man-made
- Officials deny permit for violent rally anniversary event
- Bigg Boss 11: Why is Hiten Tejwani dressed up as Arshi Khan?
- Philippine lawmakers approve 1-yr extension of martial law in south
- After a Midtown Blast, Ride-Hailing Prices Spike, Briefly
- Nigeria forfeit Algeria match for fielding ineligible player