"Thanks to the quick response of these courageous Port Authority Police officers, the suspect was apprehended, there were no serious injuries and the PABT was secured without further incident", O'Toole said, according to WABC.
Akayed Ullah set off a crudely made pipe bomb during rush hour on the NY subway on Monday. There were four people injured in the attack, including Ullah, but no fatalities have been reported. "Thank God the perpetrator did not achieve his ultimate goals".
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority reported that 1, 2, 3, A, C, E, N, Q, R, W and 7 trains were skipping 42nd Street.
A "pipe bomb" has exploded at New York's main bus station and sparked a "stampede".
The explosion happened on a walkway below ground near 42nd Street and Eighth Avenue.
"This was an attempted terrorist attack", New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said. One other person was injured in the incident, raising speculation that the bomber may have detonated his device prematurely, or perhaps there was a delay between the activation and the explosion.
President Trump "has been briefed on the explosion in New York City", White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said via a tweet Monday morning.
Like Sayfullo Saipov, the Uzbek immigrant who allegedly used a rented ute to fatally mow down eight people in NY in October, Ullah was "disgruntled", Cuomo said.
He also told investigators that he set off the bomb in retaliation for United States airstrikes on Isis targets in Syria, Gaza and Israel.
"Let's be clear, as New Yorkers, our lives revolve around the subways", de Blasio said.
"The choice of NY is always for a reason because we're a beacon to the world and we actually show we show that a society of many faiths and many backgrounds can work and we show that democracy can work".
- US TV Channel Claims Ram Setu or Adam's Bridge was man-made
- Morrissey demands German newspaper release audio of Kevin spacey comments
- Smithereens frontman and co-founder, Pat DiNizio, dies at 62
- Bigg Boss 11: Why is Hiten Tejwani dressed up as Arshi Khan?
- Kensington Palace confirm Meghan Markle will spend Christmas with the Queen
- Officials deny permit for violent rally anniversary event
- Former Facebook Exec: Social Media Destroying Society
- Apple Doubles Down on Proximity Sensing Tech with #390M Finisar Investment
- Bible talk with Jake Tapper leaves Roy Moore's spokesman speechless
- Tour champion in drug trouble