While opinion polls are signalling a win for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Gujarat elections, the margin of victory is seen narrowing. As Gujarat elections to be held in just two days and both the major parties have already extended their campaign across the state. The BJP has been crowned in power from the last 22 years in Gujarat.Congress seeks to smash the ruling party's triumph extravaganza by flattering the voters from the Patidar community.
A poll of opinion polls by news channel NDTV showed the party winning 105-106 seats in the western state, above the half-way mark to form a government, but well below the 150 seats it's aiming for.
What are the dates of Gujarat assembly polls?
Campaigning for the first phase of the Gujarat Assembly Elections ended on Thursday evening for legislative seats where polling would be held on December 9. The election commision has scheduled the countings of Gujarat election and Himachal elections on 18th December 2017.
Of the 35 seats spread across the seven districts of south Gujarat, the BJP had won 28 and the Congress six in the 2012 polls. While Congress is focusing on exposing BJP's agenda and waiving farm loan; the Congress also providing the special reservation for Patel's because of social partnership with leaders like Hardik Patel.
The campaign mainly shaped up as a duel between Modi and Gandhi, with the latter emerging as the Congress' pivot to take on the might of the prime minister on the latter's home turf.
The CVoter survey involved a sample size of 15,000-plus respondents across all 182 Assembly segments of Gujarat.
- Ukraine police fail to find Saakashvili in protest camp raid
- Death of a Salesman Actress Accuses Dustin Hoffman of Sexual Harassment
- Warriors make history with flawless 6-0 road trip
- N. Korea says it doesn't want war -- but won't avoid one
- Bitcoin frenzy drives coinbase App to No
- California's wildfires are massive-even when seen from space
- Aztec officials give updates on deadly school shooting
- ICE Makes 22 Arrests in Northern Kentucky
- Confidence in American Outdoor Brands (AOBC) Shares by IFS Securities Rise
- Russians Tried to Contact White House CD Early This Year