Matt Lauer with his wife, Dutch model Annette Roque, at the DreamWorks studio party following the 72nd annual Academy Awards March 26, 2000 at Spago in Beverly Hills.
While Lauer isn't planning a TV comeback, it appears he hopes his marriage survives as he's been spotted still wearing his wedding ring, according to the Post.
Though the pair may look like they're calling it quits from all outward appearances, a source tells People "they're taking it day by day right now", and that Lauer's "focus is on his family". "They are not together trying to work it out", Roque's father, Henri, told the publication from his home in Amsterdam.
'These charges went against Matt Lauer's whole image and brand which is what makes this an even greater crisis for him. "I have no words for her husband".
Lauer, who was sacked from the Today show last week, has been married to Ms Roque since 1998 and the pair has three children together. What he has done is bad. "And it's shocking to think that there could be this side". I feel kind of betrayed.
"The situation is so bad".
Mr Roque denied that his daughter had fled to Europe. His career as he knew it is over.' Johnson also said that the best thing Matt can do for now is to remain silent until the dust settles over this terrible scandal.
On the morning of Wednesday, Nov. 29, NBC News chairman Andrew Lack sent an email to staffers saying Lauer had been fired following a complaint of "inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace".
Matt Lauer was sacked by NBC after allegations of sexual misconduct.
The alleged friend, however, refused to believe in the allegations against Lauer until there are proven.
Reps for that film, which premiered a day before the scandal broke, wouldn't comment when asked if there'd been any thought of cutting Lauer the way Kevin Spacey has been replaced by Christopher Plummer in All the Money in the World.
Other women have since come forward with accusations, with one telling The New York Times that Lauer had sexually assaulted her in his office in 2001.
Lauer was sacked last week amid multiple accusations of inappropriate behavior.
"Some of what is being said about me is untrue or mischaracterized, but there is enough truth in these stories to make me feel embarrassed and ashamed", he said.
- Hot Stock in the Spotlight: Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV (NYSE: BUD)
- Apple Pay Cash now allows USA users to send money with iMessages
- Iraq Summons US Ambassador over Jerusalem Decision
- Major Tag Match with Stipulations Set for "Clash of Champions 2017"
- USA Olympic doctor Nassar jailed for 60 years over child porn
- Harold Ford Jr., former congressman, denies sexual harassment allegations
- Jordan Peele's 'Twilight Zone' Is Coming
- Camila Cabello Has A Lot of Dream Collaborations In Mind
- Ed Sheeran receives MBE from Prince Charles
- Syria '100% Free of Islamic State' - Russia's Defense Ministry