However if they are real, then we have to say that next year's Sony smartphones should be pretty exciting. Still, we are cautiously happy that Sony is finally leaving the Xperia Z design and embracing a new look for their 2018 flagship. There was only one major smartphone brand, Sony that has not launched any bezel-less phone yet and has been continuing with the OmniBalance design which it started implementing in 2013.
Two unnamed Sony Xperia smartphones have been leaked online, which reveals bezel-less display and more.
The renders, courtesy Vortex.ge, have been based on Sony's own design drafts.
You can see from the renders that it also has a dual-lens camera but that the design is slightly plainer, with what appears to be a metal back and slightly curvier corners, along with similarly small bezels above and below the screen. There is a dual camera setup with two large sized camera sensors at the top back panel that is separated by LED flash. The fingerprint sensor is expected to be an under-screen one and could be an upgraded version of the existing Xperia XZ Premium.
The other device has more pronounced rounded corners but with the same stereo speaker arrangement on the front. The images seen above and the render below show three devices in total, with one of them being depicted in blue and featuring a rectangular aesthetic similar to the company's existing OmniBalance design with one obvious exception - a almost complete lack of bezels. Notably, the fingerprint sensor is tipped to be under the display, which would make it one of the first smartphones to feature that. The new Xperia phones might be unveiled on CES or MWC in the beginning of next year. The interesting bit doesn't stop there as the it appears that Sony will finally ditch the side-mounted fingerprint scanner in favor of a rear-mounted sensor, something that could allow U.S. users to finally enjoy using this feature. However, like every leak, there is no way to authenticate the images, so we suggest you take this report with a pinch of salt.
- Pakistan allows Kulbhushan Jadhav to meet mother, wife on Christmas
- Wonder Wheel is Woody Allen's most autobiographical film in years, unfortunately
- YouTube to launch a new Spotify rival, codenamed 'Remix', in 2018
- Tillerson says Ukraine is a sticking point in US-Russia ties
- Stock's Volatility Analysis: Edison International (EIX)
- Sensex surges 352 points on all-round buying
- North Korea Implies War Is Inevitable After US-South Korean Military Exercise
- Google adds in-line video Search results, piloting with celebrities to answer questions
- Westbrook, Thunder roll into Mexico meeting with Nets
- Corey Feldman's 1993 audio file naming alleged sexual predators found by police