Berg is stepping down from his role to become a production partner with The Lego Movie and It producer Roy Lee.
Berg, who ran point on DC movies and was credited as a producer on "Justice League", has been an executive at the studio for about a decade.
Standing president and chief creative officer of DC Comics Geoff Johns, who has teamed up with Berg and has had a hand in the creative direction of many DC movies, will remain in his position.
"This is something that Jon approached me about six months ago, and he expressed his goal was to ultimately be a producer at the studio", said Emmerich in a statement. The DC unit will get a new leader and will be folded into the motion-picture division led by Toby Emmerich, a person familiar with the matter said. With the Man of Steel having perished in the film "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice", many fans thought that Superman's return in "Justice League" would also see him wear a black "recovery suit" of some kind. For comparison, Marvel conducts its movie division autonomously despite being owned by Disney, while Fox and Sony create their superhero flicks beneath the studio's overall banner.
On the whole, "Justice League" has earned a total of $572,064,849 from its combined domestic and global ticket sales.
Regarding the Justice League movie, the studios is reported to be unhappy with the initial dark cut of Zack Snyder's version and are unhappy with how Steppenwolf was received citing the "principal antagonist was faulty" in that "many reviews were particularly harsh about Steppenwolf, criticizing the character for being one-note and the product of unconvincing visual effects".
There are no immediate plans for Snyder to direct another DC movie though he is producing or executive producing several, including "Wonder Woman 2" and "Aquaman". Director Zack Snyder stepped down during production because of the death of his daughter. Flashpoint is also reportedly moving forward, although a director still hasn't been named for the Flash movie. It appears Warner Bros. share the same opinion, and the studio has begun a huge shake-up a mere twenty days after the film hit cinema screens.
Warner Bros. does believe that "Justice League" succeeded in one importantly respect: it effectively introduced Flash (a quippy speedster played by Ezra Miller) and Aquaman (the king of Atlantis, portrayed by Jason Momoa).
- Baker Mayfield wins Walter Camp Football Player of the Year Award
- Bel-Air Fire Spurred Major Changes in Fire Safety Rules
- Will These Stocks Remain Hot? Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD), LendingClub Corporation (LC)
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY) Position Lowered by Payden & Rygel
- HUD claims decline in homeless count for 2017
- Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou Set For UFC 220 on January 20
- National Hockey League gives Seattle green light to apply for franchise
- Mark Your Calendars for a Superb Geminid Meteor Shower
- Bryan Singer Sued for Allegedly Sexually Assaulting 17-Year-Old Boy
- World War Z Video Game Adaptation Fights Off Zombies