Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh is popular for his quirky and fun avatars and the look of his upcoming film Simmba screams the same. Speaking about Ranveer Singh's casting in the movie, Rohit Shetty told mid-day that Singh's casting is fitting given that the actor is suited for the energetic performance of a corrupt police official. His Instagram post read, "SANGRAM BHALERAO aka #Simmba!" And we must say, we are not at all disappointed!
The poster of Simmba shows Ranveer as a cop, who is looking all excited and happy. Ranveer Singh is also awaiting the release of highly anticipated and controversial movie, Padmavati, which also stars Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor.
The film will go on floors next year and is slated to hit theatres on 28th December 2018.
From what has emerged recently, the film may be loosely based on Jr NTR-starrer Temper. Both Karan and Rohit are also close to Shah Rukh, so they did not want to get into any box office battle for screens with the superstar. The first one being Salman Khan's Dabangg and the second being Ajay Devgn's Singham.
Earlier, Kajal in an interview with DNA was quoted saying, "I would love to work with Ranveer Singh".
He further added, "This will be the first time people will see Ranveer performing so many action sequences". Ranveer also dons aviators and an impressive moustache in the poster.
Presented by Karan Johar, the movie has been locked for release on December 28, 2018.
- Dexter Fletcher to replace Bryan Singer on Queen biopic Bohemian Rhapsody
- In Amritsar, London Mayor says time for British to apologise for Jallianwala
- Apple Pay Cash now allows USA users to send money with iMessages
- Several Pedestrians Struck By Vehicle In New York City
- Jordan Peele's 'Twilight Zone' Is Coming
- Devil May Cry HD Collection heads to PC, consoles in March
- Syria '100% Free of Islamic State' - Russia's Defense Ministry
- Atlanta News Anchor Classily Claps Back At Racist Comments On-Air
- NBA Trade: Sixers reportedly send Jahlil Okafor, Stauskas to Nets for Booker
- What colleagues think about Matt Lauer after sexual assault allegations