Williams won the Australian Open in January 2017 before revealing she had been pregnant at the time.
Serena Williams is poised return in January next year, according to the Australia Open tournament director.
"There is no question she will be ready in our view".
"She has got her visa, she has entered, she's practicing, and she probably just needs a bit more space for a bigger entourage", Tiley said.
"We'd be pretty excited about the possibility (of her coming)", he added.
Today, he told the Herald Sun that Williams's participation in the tournament is "very likely".
"She wants to break the record owned by Margaret Court and it would be a significant accomplishment".
Basketball is heading to the Australian Open tennis for the first time, with a top-level game to be played at one of the stadiums during the opening Grand Slam of the year. "Roger Federer travels with his four kids and we are a family-friendly event", he said, referring to Williams and her baby.
Davis Cup captain Leighton Hewitt (left) poses for a photo with Melbourne United basketballers Chris Goulding and Casper Ware (second and third left) and tennis players Thanasi Kokkinakis, Nick Kyrgios and Dylan Alcott during an Australian Open announcement at Melbourne Park.
GENIE IN A BOTTLE Who is Eugenie Bouchard, who is her boyfriend and what was her Super Bowl blind date bet?
- Joburg Open takes off
- Is Amazon the Best Stock on the NASDAQ?
- Delta Flight's Bathrooms Fill Up, Pilot Makes Emergency Pit Stop for Passengers
- Hot Stock in the Spotlight: Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV (NYSE: BUD)
- Lookman's back! Ademola nets brace against Apollon Limassol
- Burnley's Brady out for 'substantial' period due to knee injury
- Two rockets fired on Israel land in Gaza
- Devil May Cry HD Collection heads to PC, consoles in March
- Apple Pay Cash now allows USA users to send money with iMessages
- Taylor Swift sent damages by DJ