Williams won the Australian Open in January 2017 before revealing she had been pregnant at the time.
Serena Williams is poised return in January next year, according to the Australia Open tournament director.
"There is no question she will be ready in our view".
"She has got her visa, she has entered, she's practicing, and she probably just needs a bit more space for a bigger entourage", Tiley said.
"We'd be pretty excited about the possibility (of her coming)", he added.
Today, he told the Herald Sun that Williams's participation in the tournament is "very likely".
"She wants to break the record owned by Margaret Court and it would be a significant accomplishment".
Basketball is heading to the Australian Open tennis for the first time, with a top-level game to be played at one of the stadiums during the opening Grand Slam of the year. "Roger Federer travels with his four kids and we are a family-friendly event", he said, referring to Williams and her baby.
Davis Cup captain Leighton Hewitt (left) poses for a photo with Melbourne United basketballers Chris Goulding and Casper Ware (second and third left) and tennis players Thanasi Kokkinakis, Nick Kyrgios and Dylan Alcott during an Australian Open announcement at Melbourne Park.
GENIE IN A BOTTLE Who is Eugenie Bouchard, who is her boyfriend and what was her Super Bowl blind date bet?
- Iraq Summons US Ambassador over Jerusalem Decision
- Rep. John Lewis boycotting MS civil rights museum due to Trump's attendance
- Devil May Cry HD Collection heads to PC, consoles in March
- Burnley's Brady out for 'substantial' period due to knee injury
- In Amritsar, London Mayor says time for British to apologise for Jallianwala
- Starbucks Launches New Christmas Tree Frappuccino For The Holiday Season
- Hot Stock in the Spotlight: Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV (NYSE: BUD)
- Lookman's back! Ademola nets brace against Apollon Limassol
- Simmba: Ranveer Singh to play quirky cop in KJo-Rohit Shetty collaboration
- Gaza boy, 4, succumbs to wounds from 2014 Israel war