It won't be long before the January transfer window is open, and when it does, it appears that Philippe Coutinho potentially going to Barcelona will again be the dominant narrative.
Speculation is sure to continue into the winter concerning Coutinho but for now the stand in skipper is still performing to his maximum, evidenced by his hat-trick versus the Russian giants on Wednesday night.
This January transfer market will force Liverpool's owners, Fenway Sports Group, to weigh up what they value and whether losing Coutinho is worth that prize, with Ferdinand backing the star to deserve such a hefty cost.
Former Liverpool striker Michael Owen has compared Liverpool's current attacking quartet of Salah, Mane, Firmino and Coutinho with that of the famous 2013-14 season with Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling.
However, will the Catalans make a reasonable offer for Coutinho, it seems likely that they will have to get close to at least 130 million pounds to turn Jurgen Klopp.
'I do not know how the future is going to be.
"When it was 6-0", Klopp said, "we were looking at each other [on the Liverpool bench] and saying, 'How did this happen?'"
"I am at Liverpool and I always do my best when I have the opportunity to play, respecting the jersey and the supporters", Coutinho told reporters. Since I stayed I have played with will and desire. "I do not know if there will be an offer", explained the Brazilian, being completely frank.
The player also spoke about his hat-trick, which helped Liverpool to reach the Champions League knockout stage for the first time in nine years: "It was a special night and very remarkable for the result, for the three goals and for being captain in a big game for a club like this". From where I see it, he is more comfortable inside, but the good thing about this player is that he can play in several positions.
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle gets new versus mode for free
- Bel-Air Fire Spurred Major Changes in Fire Safety Rules
- Mark Your Calendars for a Superb Geminid Meteor Shower
- Complete Analysis of: Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE:ABX)
- Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft FI Purchases 66329 Shares of Marathon Oil Co. (MRO)
- US Health Care Spending Decreases in 2016
- Kate McKinnon Just Casually Dropped Her PERFECT Gal Gadot Impression
- Mourinho is "confident of signing Spurs defender" in January
- A Preview of Valuations Summary: FedEx Corporation (FDX), MGM Resorts International (MGM)
- Palestinians injured in clashes with Israeli in Gaza city