Israel hit two "terror targets" in Gaza on Thursday after at least three rockets were fired towards Israeli territory earlier in the day, although most fell inside the Strip. The Israeli armed forces denied live ammunition was used.
"Upon the conclusion of the general staff's situation assessment, it was decided that a number of battalions will reinforce in the area of (the West Bank), as well as combat intelligence and territorial defense", the statement issued by the military said.
"We demand, call and will launch an intifada in the face of the Zionist occupation", Haniyeh said in a speech Thursday.
"We want the uprising to last and continue to let Trump and the occupation regret this decision".
He stressed that a united Jerusalem was the capital of all of Palestine. Hamas went through the motion of handing over control of the Gaza Strip to Fatah and the Palestinian Authority - from which it violently wrestled control in 2007 - as it seemed to cooperate with the terms agreed to under Egyptian brokering.
Trump's move was denounced by prominent political figures from across the world.
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro said it reinforced Israel's "de facto annexation of the city Jerusalem".
"In response to an anticipated U.S. announcement on Jerusalem on 6 December 2017, the Palestinians have called for protests in Jerusalem, the West Bank and Gaza from 6 December", the advice said.
- Virat Kohli grabs second position in Test rankings
- US Health Care Spending Decreases in 2016
- Will These Stocks Remain Hot? Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD), LendingClub Corporation (LC)
- Superman Had Another Iconic Costume In Justice League Deleted Scene
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle gets new versus mode for free
- Bel-Air Fire Spurred Major Changes in Fire Safety Rules
- Jeff Goldblum, Chris Pratt - and raptor Blue
- Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft FI Purchases 66329 Shares of Marathon Oil Co. (MRO)
- Bayonetta 3 revealed exclusively for Nintendo Switch
- Mariners acquire Dee Gordon from the Marlins