Jahlil Okafor's days of suffering on the pine in Philadelphia have finally come to an end.
A first-team All-NBA Rookie team member following the 2015-16 season, Okafor averaged 17.5 points, 7.0 rebounds and 30 minutes a night in 53 games during his rookie season. In addition to Okafor, the Sixers will also send shooting guard Nik Stauskas to BK in exchange for Trevor Booker and a 2019 second round pick via the New York Knicks. However, he has appeared in just two games this season. Boston has until Friday to use their $8.4 million DPE to acquire a player whom they could trade again at the deadline on February 8, so there is still a possibility of movement around the league.
In Brooklyn, Okafor will join a young core that includes D'Angelo Russell and Allen Crabbe.
Okafor has received very little playing time in Philly over the last two seasons. The 30-year-old has averaged a career-high 10.1 points per game so far this season, adding 6.6 rebounds and 2.1 assists in 18 games for the Nets.
- Camila Cabello Has A Lot of Dream Collaborations In Mind
- Gaza boy, 4, succumbs to wounds from 2014 Israel war
- Ed Sheeran receives MBE from Prince Charles
- Syria '100% Free of Islamic State' - Russia's Defense Ministry
- Hot Stock in the Spotlight: Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV (NYSE: BUD)
- Major Tag Match with Stipulations Set for "Clash of Champions 2017"
- European Union sues member states over migrant relocation failure
- Tyler Chatwood signs with Cubs for 3 years, $38 million
- Sacramento civic and business leaders urge local Congress members to fix DACA
- LiAngelo, LaMelo Ball Sign With Lonzo's Agent, Will Play Overseas