The worldwide centre will be a boon for the younger generation and will work on the vision of Dr Baba Saheb Ambedkar, the Prime Minister added.
He said poor people have been empowered by government initiatives such as the RuPay debit card and free gas connections to poor families.
"Such was his incredible strength that when years after his demise efforts were made by such people to crush his philosophy, when efforts were made to erase his contribution towards nation-building, his ideals could not be wiped out from people's memory", he said.
Modi added that the Government had developed five places related to Babasaheb Ambedkar into pilgrimage spots.
"But I see hope in today's generation...." In this context, he mentioned the sites at Alipur in Delhi; Mhow in Madhya Pradesh; Indu Mill in Mumbai; Deeksha Bhumi in Nagpur; and the house in London.
The Prime Minister said that there are forces trying to divide the country on caste lines, and the present generation understands well that India can not progress with pace if such divisions are allowed.
He said the BHIM App was named after Dr. Ambedkar. He said that we have still not been able to fulfil the vision of Dr. Ambedkar.
Modi also lamented that Ambedkar's dream of social democracy - where all have a say - is still unaccomplished.
The Dr. Ambedkar International Centre is a fusion of Buddhist and present day architecture.
The Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Shri Thaawar Chand Gehlot, the Ministers of State for Social Justice & Empowerment, Shri Vijay Sampla, Shri Krishan Pal and Shri Ramdas Athawale are also seen.
Saying he has faith in the youth of the country to fight casteism, Prime minister said young Indians will fulfil the dream of New India.
- Shinto shrine head, 2 others killed in Tokyo sword attack
- Android Oreo rolling out for Huawei P10 Plus now
- Champions League Last-16 Teams Confirmed
- Sensex surges 352 points on all-round buying
- A Long Look At Death Stranding, Which Is Still Weird As Hell
- Quentin Tarantino's 'Star Trek' to be R-rated
- Anushka leaves for Italy with family amid wedding rumors
- Anonymous donor drops $10k in Salvation Army kettle
- Westbrook, Thunder roll into Mexico meeting with Nets
- Everything We Know About The Champions' Ballad