The field for the 2017 Joburg Open has been increased from 206 to 240 professionals and they will battle it out for a share of the R16.5m purse and the three qualifying spots for The Open Championship up for grabs next season.
The Joburg Open‚ which is normally played on the two courses at Royal Johannesburg and Kensington‚ has been moved to Firethorn and Bushwillow courses at Randpark this year.
"I do not know what to say", chuckled Davidse, who missed the cut at the Mauritius Open last week and tied for 96th place.
Six golfers lie second on 64 - South Africans Jared Harvey, Erik van Rooyen and Ockie Strydom, English pair Matthew Baldwin and James Morrison and German Sebastian Heisele. "I'm obviously very happy and pleased", he said. I'm just out here to have fun, obviously, so I'm very blessed to be playing well. I was in hospital for about four days so I'm very chuffed today.
"I'm probably going to go do an X-ray today", Oosthuizen added.
"When I played the Sunshine Tour event at Simola my little boy was sick with a bad chest".
"I think some guys maybe lean too much on being familiar with the golf course but for me, if I walk on to that first tee and I'm feeling fresh, ready to go".
"I didn't really have any expectations coming into the week. It's a good test, you still need to hit it in the right areas and make the putts".
Ten players were a further shot back at six-under, two off the lead, including South African Dean Burmester, who went round the Firethorn course - which will be used exclusively for the final two rounds on the weekend - in 66 blows.
The Sunshine Tour, which co-sanctions the Joburg Open with the European Tour and Asian Tour, took to twitter to announce Oosthuizen's WD, and also included an image of his fingers.
There will, however, be some struggling to possibly make the halfway cut today, among them last week's victor in Mauritius and the highest ranked player in the field at 55, Dylan Frittelli.
- Remembering Pearl Harbor 76 years later
- What colleagues think about Matt Lauer after sexual assault allegations
- Delta Flight's Bathrooms Fill Up, Pilot Makes Emergency Pit Stop for Passengers
- Hot Stock in the Spotlight: Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV (NYSE: BUD)
- Rep. John Lewis boycotting MS civil rights museum due to Trump's attendance
- Gaza boy, 4, succumbs to wounds from 2014 Israel war
- Syria '100% Free of Islamic State' - Russia's Defense Ministry
- Iraq Summons US Ambassador over Jerusalem Decision
- Burnley's Brady out for 'substantial' period due to knee injury
- Airtel partners with Intex for Rs.1649-smartphone