Lonzo, who had a solid game as well and made a fantastic pass to Ingram on the Lakers' final offensive possession, finished with 10 points on 5-of-11 shooting, eight assists, eight rebounds, four blocked shots and three steals. Over the course of a five-game losing streak that seemingly restored order in the standings, the Lakers have posted a bottom-five defensive rating (112.4) which, in all frankness, is closer to the baseline that many assumed for the 2017-2018 season.
The Lakers' second-year forward came out of the blocks hot and scored the game's first four points.
The Lakers dominated the first quarter scoring 32 points by Brandom Ingram leading the way to scoring his first 10 points and got the steady lead with 7 points, 32-25. The game was tied at 104 apiece when Lonzo Ball rebounded Embiid's missed layup as, with the shot clock off, the Lakers some time to kill before making a move.
James Harden scored 29 points with five rebounds, and Chris Paul added 18 points with 13 assists and nine rebounds to lead the Rockets to an 112-101 win over the Jazz.
Ball had one of his worst games of the season when the Lakers lost to the Sixers in Los Angeles on November 15. They earned it by playing a cleaner game for 48 minutes. Despite Philly hustling back in transition and having a timeout in his pocket, Walton chose to let the Lakers play, and Ball pulled it back out, passing to a trailing Ingram on the right wing - who, realizing Ball could not have been more open, quickly kicked it to Lonzo in the far corner.
Much of that relative effectiveness stemmed from a top-five defense in the league, as the Lakers allowed only 100.3 points per 100 possessions in the time between the season opener and November 21. Overall, the Lakers' bench outscored the Sixers' bench 41 to 13.
Their lead expanded to as many as 16 points in the third quarter, but the Sixers answered. The show commenced when Ball was spotted in his suite waving his arms and riling up fans. "He does what he does and helps his team win every night".
"I knew it was going to be like that", Ball said of the crowd.
- Champions League Last-16 Teams Confirmed
- National Hockey League gives Seattle green light to apply for franchise
- World War Z Video Game Adaptation Fights Off Zombies
- Mariners acquire Dee Gordon from the Marlins
- Everything We Know About The Champions' Ballad
- Watch the first trailer for PUBG's new Miramar desert map
- Virat Kohli grabs second position in Test rankings
- Bryan Singer Sued for Allegedly Sexually Assaulting 17-Year-Old Boy
- San Diego fire weather is so extreme, purple is the new red
- YouTube to launch a new Spotify rival, codenamed 'Remix', in 2018