Some would have probably called Jackman insane for turning down the iconic and lucrative role, especially since the Australian actor had only been in one X-Men movie when he received the offer to replace Brosnan.
Daniel Craig was ultimately offered the role and, well, it seems like they decided to make him gritty after all. But before Daniel Craig claimed ownership of that closet of suits, the James Bond franchise was searching for a new 007 to replace Pierce Brosnan.
Jackman doesn't seem to have any regrets about turning down the Bond role, and he is not the first actor to do so.
But you know which film he went ahead with. "I was also anxious that between Bond and X-Men, I'd never have time to do different things". However, the actor felt the franchise wasn't gritty enough at the time and chose to opt out of portraying James Bond.
Despite the Aussie star's reluctance to sign on, Hugh's agent was keen for him to rethink the decision telling him he doesn't "get a say" in the scripts anyway and he should "just have to sign on".
"I was also anxious that between Bond and X-Men, I'd never have time to do different things", he said.
His next Blockbuster The Greatest Showman is due for release on Boxing Day, while he has two more films expected to hit cinemas next year. People wanted me to play that kind of hero part exclusively.
The beloved actor who brought Wolverine to life on the big screen for almost two decades is now promoting his latest movie, The Greatest Showman. "It felt a little bit claustrophobic", he said.
- Burnley's Brady out for 'substantial' period due to knee injury
- House passes spending bill, first step in avoiding government shutdown
- Taylor Swift sent damages by DJ
- Simmba: Ranveer Singh to play quirky cop in KJo-Rohit Shetty collaboration
- Two rockets fired on Israel land in Gaza
- Conservative Arizona Rep. Trent Franks resigning
- IT actor joins Shazam!
- Nike to name New Headquarters Building After Serena Williams
- Starbucks Launches New Christmas Tree Frappuccino For The Holiday Season
- Joburg Open takes off