However, the majority of the region will see a cold rain. If less cold air funnels into the state, we'll have more cold rain and little or no snow. National Weather Service officials say areas of the Northshore will be under a winter weather advisory beginning at 9 p.m. Thursday until noon Friday. Central Georgia is not under any watches, or warnings (as of now). Some of our models are hinting at a final push of moisture that swings through overnight Friday into Saturday morning.
Rain, heavy at times, will continue through Friday. Could the cold air meet up with the moisture to our south to produce a wintry mix of rain, sleet, and maybe a few snowflakes? It is possible a few isolated locations pick up slightly more than that. This should lead to a mixture of rain and snow in our northern and western counties. Temperatures will drop to near 40 across the Pee Dee and into the lower 40s in the Grand Strand.
Rain is expected to continue overnight with temperatures expected to dip to the upper 30's but not below freezing on most of the south shore, according to the National Weather Service.
WDSU meteorologist Kweilyn Murphy said most areas will only see flurries with little if any accumulation; however, a few spots - especially on the northern boundary between Louisiana and MS - could see less than an inch of accumulation on grassy surfaces, rooftops and elevated surfaces, including roadways.
With a warm ground and temperatures above freezing, the snow will struggle to accumulate.
What can other areas expect? We're forecast low temperatures Friday night in the mid and upper 30s. Then, we'll slowly see the clouds move out through the day. We will monitor closely for changes in the forecast, but at this point the impacts should remain low based on the temperatures. We will be doing Facebook Live updates on our 13WMAZ Facebook page this evening, so tune in!
- Sensex surges 352 points on all-round buying
- Android Oreo rolling out for Huawei P10 Plus now
- Shinto shrine head, 2 others killed in Tokyo sword attack
- Firewatch's Campo Santo reveals its new game: In the Valley of Gods
- Ingram's game-winner lifts Lakers past Sixers
- Sinn Fein to hold Brexit protest in Border village of Rosslea
- Stock's Volatility Analysis: Edison International (EIX)
- China, Russia Stage Drills to Counter S.Korea-US Exercise
- A Long Look At Death Stranding, Which Is Still Weird As Hell
- Watch the first trailer for PUBG's new Miramar desert map