The abductors of the Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party in Plateau State and former Sports Minister, Damishi Sango, and others have demanded a ransom of N100m to free them. "They used his phone to reach the family", the source said.
Akans said the kidnappers have not contacted the family or PDP members. Mapis, according to the told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), quoted Sango as telling family members that the five of them were safe.
He said, "Our Chairman, Chief Damishi Sango, and four other persons, comprising his son, driver, orderly and a chieftain of the PDP in Plateau State, were kidnapped by gunmen on Wednesday". The PPRO said that the Plateau Command was working in synergy with the Kaduna Command to rescue the victims and possibly arrest those behind the incident.
Tyopev urged members of the public with any useful information to contact the Kaduna or Plateau formation.
Speaking to Daily Trust on the incident, the state party Publicity Secretary, John Akans confirmed the ransom demand but stated that state party officials were yet to take any decision as national officers of the party were handling the matter.
"On reaching the vehicle, they found a telephone belonging to his son in the auto".
Sango was abducted with his companions along Jere-Kagarko road in Kaduna state while travelling in a Lexus jeep which has now been stationed at the Jere police station.
Former Commissioner of Finance in the state, Davou Mang, and PDP supporters, stormed the PDP Secretariat, in Jos, at about 7:00a.m. on Thursday, expressing grief over the sad incident.
- Mark Your Calendars for a Superb Geminid Meteor Shower
- National Hockey League gives Seattle green light to apply for franchise
- Mariners acquire Dee Gordon from the Marlins
- Bayonetta 3 revealed exclusively for Nintendo Switch
- Rio Ferdinand backs 'manipulator' Philippe Coutinho to complete £140m Liverpool exit
- Quentin Tarantino's 'Star Trek' to be R-rated
- Virat Kohli grabs second position in Test rankings
- Superman Had Another Iconic Costume In Justice League Deleted Scene
- China Says No Change in Its Stand on India's Membership to NSG
- Georges St-Pierre Vacates UFC Title, Robert Whittaker Crowned Undisputed Champion