It's about six hours from NY to Seattle via plane, which was too long, recently, for a Delta 757 that had to make an emergency stop in Billings on Saturday night.
A flight from New York City to Seattle can take about six hours.
Enroute, the toilets of Boeing 757's toilets "ceased functioning, with passengers queuing up and indicating they needed to visit the toilet", the incident report filed by Delta Airlines said.
Correction: A lot of passengers had to go "really bad", according to a Delta report.
The plane was flying near the Canadian border when it was diverted hundreds of miles south and eventually landed in Billings. At 6 p.m. on Tuesday, the flight landed in Billings, Montana, to "find relief of built-up pressures" (that's a direct quote from Delta). Because a gate wasn't available, the airplane taxied to a cargo area, where a stairway was rolled to the airplane so passengers could "disembark to find relief of built-up pressures", the Aviation Herald reported.
Travelers were escorted to the terminal so the plane could be serviced and refueled for takeoff.
Instead, they decided to make a sharp left turn and head hundreds of miles south to Billings Logan International Airport.
Cabin crew were unable to fix the problem and the smell became unbearable for passengers seated nearby, forcing the plane to turn around near Brussels and land at Heathrow Airport. "That can't be very pleasant".
Passengers had such an "urgent need" to use the bathroom that the pilot requested the unscheduled landing.
- Gaza boy, 4, succumbs to wounds from 2014 Israel war
- In Amritsar, London Mayor says time for British to apologise for Jallianwala
- Lululemon Athletica inc. (LULU) Soars Following Earnings Beat
- Atlanta News Anchor Classily Claps Back At Racist Comments On-Air
- Camila Cabello Has A Lot of Dream Collaborations In Mind
- Ed Sheeran receives MBE from Prince Charles
- NBA Trade: Sixers reportedly send Jahlil Okafor, Stauskas to Nets for Booker
- Iraq Summons US Ambassador over Jerusalem Decision
- Starbucks Launches New Christmas Tree Frappuccino For The Holiday Season
- Facebook launched messenger for kids