Camila Cabello was reluctant to work with other artists on her solo album because she "collaborated for five years" as a member of Fifth Harmony. She also posted a photo of what appeared to be handwritten lyrics: "I just wanna talk about nothin'/with somebody that means something/spell the names of all our dreams and demons/for the times that I don't understand".
Describing the album as "the soundtrack to the past year of my life", she revealed that her self-titled offering will be released on January 12. She just released two new songs, "Never Be the Same" and "Real Friends", and "Real Friends" is all about Camila, well looking for some good friends she can trust and open up to, something she might've lost during those final days with her former bandmates since it's clear she's not really friendly with Ally Brooke, Dinah Jane, Lauren Jauregui and Normani Kordei anymore. Camila showcases her breathy vocals as she sings that someone's love is "just like nicotine, heroin, morphine, suddenly I'm a fiend and you're all I need".
"Real Friends", an acoustic guitar-backed ballad, finds Camila lamenting all those she's tried to befriend, only to be burned in the process. Tell us if you love Camila's new songs! Since its release, the track has surpassed 410 million Spotify streams, making Camila the fourth most streamed artist in the world. Just last week, she was named as Billboard's 2017 Breakthrough Artist at their annual Women in Music awards. "It's music! It's not that deep, '" she says.
Cabello's debut album "Camila" is available to pre-order on Thursday.
The 11-track Camila drops January 12.
- Far Cry 5 has been delayed
- Steelers safety Mike Mitchell sounds off on Roger Goodell in tirade
- Lindsey Vonn happy to represent U.S. at Olympics, but 'not the president'
- Major Tag Match with Stipulations Set for "Clash of Champions 2017"
- Sacramento civic and business leaders urge local Congress members to fix DACA
- Tre'Davious White clears protocol, calls Rob Gronkowski 'dirty player'
- Hue Jackson comments on Browns after exit of Sashi Brown
- General Electric cutting 12000 jobs in energy division
- LiAngelo, LaMelo Ball Sign With Lonzo's Agent, Will Play Overseas
- London Mayor Sadiq Khan arrives in Pakistan on maiden tour