Brady jarred his knee after landing awkwardly under a tackle from Harry Maguire in the 1-0 loss to Leicester. Examinations afterward revealed the full extent of the injury to the tendon, and the midfielder will need a long-term recovery lasting into next summer.
In the moments that followed the injury, it was evident that there was immediate concern for the Irish global and, after Brady was stretchered off the pitch, Burnley manager Sean Dyche stated that he instantly had the feeling that the injury was "more serious than not serious".
The Ireland global sustained a knee injury at the weekend during Burnley's 1-0 defeat against Leicester. Brady was stretchered from the pitch after half an hour after going down injured in the box.
Speaking on the Burnley official website, Dyche said: "The surgeon, who has done most of our players, was very happy with the work that was done. He's been talked through the plan of attack from now and leading to when he is fit".
"It always amazes me".
"The positively aggressive way they treat them now, he'll be moving very quickly".
"We will be looking to be active". We have a laugh, so he's definitely going to be a miss.
The two teams face each other at Turf Moor on Saturday and Dyche believes both the Clarets and his former side, Watford, were underestimated at the start of the season.
"I'm fully expecting whoever we play to keep playing their part and add to what we're doing".
"He's got his one-liners too, he's got good stories and he sits beside me in the changing room".
- What colleagues think about Matt Lauer after sexual assault allegations
- Simmba: Ranveer Singh to play quirky cop in KJo-Rohit Shetty collaboration
- Jordan Peele's 'Twilight Zone' Is Coming
- Gaza boy, 4, succumbs to wounds from 2014 Israel war
- Delta Flight's Bathrooms Fill Up, Pilot Makes Emergency Pit Stop for Passengers
- Apple Pay Cash now allows USA users to send money with iMessages
- Thieves Rob R. Kelly's Atlanta-Area Home Dry
- Iraq Summons US Ambassador over Jerusalem Decision
- Lululemon Athletica inc. (LULU) Soars Following Earnings Beat
- Maverick Capital Ltd. Lowers Position in Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (WBA)