He is also just the latest powerful Hollywood figure to face allegations of sexual assault and harassment, including movie mogul Harvey Weinstein and film producer Brett Ratner.
Bryan Singer, who was sacked this week from his job as director of the forthcoming Queen biopic Bohemian Rhapsody, has been sued for sexual assaulting a minor, TMZ reports. Once cornered in a room, Singer allegedly forced the teen to perform oral sex before raping him, according to the lawsuit filed in Washington state court.
Singer also attempted to bribe Sanchez-Guzman into silence.
The famed X-Men director is well known for hosting lavish parties attended by young men you might call "twinks".
The civil suit, obtained by USA TODAY, claims Singer offered to take Sanchez-Guzman on a tour of the yacht.
After luring him into a cabin, Singer forced Sanchez-Gizman into oral sex, and then committed other sexual acts, according to the lawsuit.
Singer later promised he would help Sanchez-Guzman in Hollywood if he didn't tell anyone what had happened, the suit says. Guzman claims he pleaded with Singer to stop, but he kept going ... causing him to choke.
In an interesting twist of events, the suit was filed by Jeff Herman, who representedfellow Singer accuser Michael Egan in 2014.
The allegation hits the same week Singer was sacked from his film Bohemian Rhapsody, which has been filming in London.
Guzman claims he suffered "emotional distress, mental anguish, and physical and mental pain".
The lawsuit was filed the same week that Singer was sacked from the Queen biopic "Bohemian Rhapsody".
According to reports, the director missed several days of production following the Thanksgiving holiday, with the film's cinematographer stepping in to direct. Singer was sacked from the film on Tuesday. "Those claims were dismissed by Egan himself, and he later went to Federal prison for lying in a fraud case", the rep said.
- Baker Mayfield wins Walter Camp Football Player of the Year Award
- David Cassidy cut daughter Katie Cassidy out of his will
- Tredje AP fonden Has $1.79 Million Stake in Dollar General Corp. (DG)
- House passes spending bill, first step in avoiding government shutdown
- Saudi Crown Prince Was Behind Record Bid for a Leonardo
- Jeff Goldblum, Chris Pratt - and raptor Blue
- Reza Zarrab accused of raping cellmate in Manhattan prison
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY) Position Lowered by Payden & Rygel
- A Preview of Valuations Summary: FedEx Corporation (FDX), MGM Resorts International (MGM)
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATVI) Undervalued by 15%