THE Isle of Wight Council and the Salvation Army are calling for volunteers to help the homeless this winter.
Robin Pardella with the Salvation Army says the organization needs more volunteers like Baldwin to help with the red kettle campaign.
The person then goes and buys the gifts, and returns them to the Angel Tree with the tag attached to the wrapping.
"If you can help in any capacity, from your time to any donations, the council and the Salvation Army would love to have your support".
"Cash donations can be made as well", said Benner.
"It makes me happy because I know it's going to good use", said Baldwin.
This year, over 550 parcels will be given to local residents who have been referred to us by social agencies.
Martin's Food Markets donated $14,000 in gift cards to the Salvation Army.
"It impacts our community", said Pardella.
The Wellsboro Montessori Child Center also got involved with the project this year. "Together, as one community, we can help broken people rebuild their lives". Still to come are UAW Local 1112's annual Care and Share food distribution at the union hall and the Toys for Kids event sponsored by UAW Local 1714.
Tressler said that the nonprofit located at 301 S. Fifth St. serves 25,000 people in the Reading area.
Two one-ounce Australian gold coins were discovered Wednesday, Dec. 6: one at North Dakota State University and another at the Family Fare grocery story, 724 University Drive N., the Salvation Army said.
For more information on how to donate or become involved, call Benner at 570-787-3441.
- World War Z Video Game Adaptation Fights Off Zombies
- Bryan Singer Sued for Allegedly Sexually Assaulting 17-Year-Old Boy
- Bayonetta 3 revealed exclusively for Nintendo Switch
- A Long Look At Death Stranding, Which Is Still Weird As Hell
- Mark Your Calendars for a Superb Geminid Meteor Shower
- Jeff Goldblum, Chris Pratt - and raptor Blue
- Bel-Air Fire Spurred Major Changes in Fire Safety Rules
- Post Bryan Singer's firing, 'Bohemian Rhapsody' gets new director
- National Hockey League gives Seattle green light to apply for franchise
- Baker Mayfield wins Walter Camp Football Player of the Year Award