Since its inception in 2005, YouTube has become one of the biggest platforms for new-age Internet celebrities and one-hit wonders alike.
As 2017 draws to a close, YouTube today (6 December) revealed the top 10 trending videos in Ireland for the past 12 months. The show, called The Mask Singer, requires performers to wear elaborate masks to hide their identities.
"Some bad actors are exploiting our openness to mislead, manipulate, harass or even harm", Wojcicki said, adding that YouTube's trust and safety teams have reviewed almost 2 million videos for violent extremist content over the past six months. It's been produced in Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, and China, but this particular video is from a Thailand show.
The video has more than 182 million views on YouTube. Farmer went on to be crowned champion of the season when it finished in September. Last year, the Carpool Karaoke clip starring Adele claimed the top spot.
And, if snagging top place wasn't good enough - Mick made it into the list twice, with the original upload of the song coming in at sixth.
- A hilarious, bad lip reading of Donald Trump's inauguration. Every minute, more than 400 hours of video are shared on YouTube. It ranked as the most-viewed music video in more than 50 countries.
- This animated short film about a closeted boy who fears being outed by his own heart will melt your heart.
The Irish music trend continues in the top spots as the second most watched video was a stirring rendition of the ballad Green Fields of France sung by Finbar Furey and Christy Dignam on the Late Late Show in January, while in third place are young Irish brothers Seán and Conor Price performing a modern take on Bob Dylan's All Along the Watchtower on X Factor.
- UCLA Basketball: Steve Alford 'Surprised' By LiAngelo Ball's Departure
- Airlines: "Smart Bags" Pose Explosion Risk
- 'SWAT' and 'Westworld' Halt Production Due to California Wildfires
- Violence against women concerns us all
- Jio Rs 459 vs Vodafone Rs 509 Vs Airtel Rs 509
- Years in Prison for Former Top Volkswagen Manager
- Hawaii introduces nuclear air raid drills as tensions with North Korea escalate
- Man United among Champions League last 16
- Delhi Test: Dinesh Chandimal hails Sri Lanka's 'good attitude' after draw
- Jürgen Klopp says Liverpool strike force will have rivals anxious after rout