The "major event" sounds like E3, and if they keep their promise the game should follow shortly on from the show in June.
The reason this has happened is that it "won't be very long" between the "official reveal" and the game actually coming out to play, kind of like how Apple announce a new iOS and then Tim Cook goes 'and it's available. Of course, just because Square Enix is playing coy doesn't mean we don't have some insight about the title. Take for example, the very first capital letter from each sentence in the statement and you get "Shadow" as a word. This is because Square Enix says it is taking a "new approach" for the upcoming Lara Croft adventure.
Despite The Game Awards taking place tonight at 8:30 PM EST, some companies have made a decision to announce some big news beforehand. Rumors about this third entry since the successful 2013 reboot have been going around for more than a year, and even a potential title and artwork leaked earlier this year, with the game said to be called Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
- London Mayor Sadiq Khan arrives in Pakistan on maiden tour
- Carnival Corporation (CUK) Shares Bought by Eagle Asset Management Inc
- Ex-Cop Michael Slager Found Guilty of Murder in Walter Scott Shooting
- Game of Thrones actress affirms final season won't air until 2019
- August Ames death: Is this why adult film star, 23, died?
- Arsenal vs BATE Borisov
- Lindsey Vonn happy to represent U.S. at Olympics, but 'not the president'
- Drake, Moana Top Apple Charts in 2017
- Lionel Messi lobbies for Gonzalo Higuain return to Argentina side
- Look images from X-Men: Dark Phoenix