Three pedestrians were struck during a crash in lower Manhattan Thursday afternoon, a few blocks away from One World Trade Center, according to police.
It happened at about 1:20 p.m. near the intersection near Liberty and Broadway. A bicyclist was also injured. Police said all of their injuries appear to be non-life threatening. Authorities were working to determine whether the crash was intentional.
Police do not suspect terrorism however and believe road rage played a role in the incident.
Video of the scene showed a black vehicle with NY license plates having sustained heavy front-end damage. The driver of the Lincoln was taken into custody by responding officers. Police identified the driver as Sayfullo Saipov, 29, and deemed that attack an act of terror.
- Brussels Loses Euro 2020 Matches To Wembley
- Tre'Davious White clears protocol, calls Rob Gronkowski 'dirty player'
- Steelers safety Mike Mitchell sounds off on Roger Goodell in tirade
- Harold Ford Jr., former congressman, denies sexual harassment allegations
- Saudi prince bought record-breaking $450 million Da Vinci painting
- London Mayor Sadiq Khan arrives in Pakistan on maiden tour
- Rolls-Royce engine trouble forces Air New Zealand to ground flights
- Tyler Chatwood signs with Cubs for 3 years, $38 million
- Bernie Sanders thinks Trump should consider resigning over sexual misconduct
- Look images from X-Men: Dark Phoenix