A California woman has filed a lawsuit alleging sexual harassment and battery against former Edmonton Eskimos star quarterback Warren Moon.
Former NFL quarterback Warren Moon has been sued by a former assistant for his sports marketing firm, who alleges Moon told her to wear thong underwear and grabbed her crotch during a trip to Seattle earlier this year.
Moon is now an analyst on the Seattle Seahawks' radio network.
Among the allegations. Haskell claims Moon would pressure her to wear revealing clothing, make inappropriate sexual remarks and advances, and force her to sleep in the same bed with him on business trips. He signed with the Houston Oilers in 1984 and played there through the 1993 season.
Moon, who spent 17 years in the National Football League after winning five Grey Cups in a six-year CFL stint, has denied the allegations. She alleges that she was demoted by the firm in October after she complained about Moon's sexual advances. Per the report, he was sued by a Vikings cheerleader for sexual harassment back in 1995 - a case that was settled out of court. After Moon was arrested, he called his reaction to their argument a "tremendous mistake". The couple has been divorced since 2001.
Moon co-founded Sports 1 Marketing in 2010 and serves as its president.
"When she protested, he replied that she had to comply to keep her job and said that 'his prior assistant accepted the same arrangement'".
Though Moon has been accused of sexual misconduct and domestic abuse before, this is the first time he has gone under the spotlight in the post-Weinstein era of hyper-awareness towards powerful men sexually harassing and assaulting women. He threw for 49,325 yards and 291 touchdowns in the regular season and was elected to the Hall of Fame in 2006.
While Haskell, 32, declined to comment on the pending lawsuit, her attorney, Diana Fitzgerald, said Haskell never went to the police with her accusations against Moon because she "was scared" and seeking to "further her career in the sports marketing industry".
"Whenever Ms. Haskell expressed reservations about these outrageous "job duties", Moon insisted this was "just the way it is", and threatened Ms. Haskell that unless she was "comfortable" with him, he'd "find someone else who was".
- Jio Rs 459 vs Vodafone Rs 509 Vs Airtel Rs 509
- UNICEF Says 17 Million Babies At Risk From Toxic Air
- Ceridian Awarded 2018 Employees' Choice Awards by Glassdoor
- Dem Rep. Al Green says he'll force vote to impeach Trump
- Eminem reveals Ed Sheeran and Pink collaborations for Revival album
- PM Modi attacks Congress in Gujarat over the Ayodhya issue
- Fire rages near Bel Air, the Getty museum in Los Angeles
- Man United among Champions League last 16
- Whistleblower To Dems: Flynn Promised Biz Associate He'd Gut Russia Sanctions
- Trump calls on Saudis to immediately end Yemen blockade