The Russian side took an early, controversial lead going into the break, but a quickfire double from Romelu Lukaku and Marcus Rashford steered United to a win at Old Trafford.
Mourinho was impressed with his defender last night and has promised more opportunities will come his way, as reported in theManchester Evening News.
The accusation has been that he doesn't put in a shift in training, or on the pitch for that matter, but he certainly showed he's capable of demonstrating his work ethic.
Gary Lineker posed the question: "Bags of talent, but there must be something, whether it's the attitude or the mental strength, what do you think Paul?"
"In the second half, we had that strong reaction, we really didn't want to lose the match and I think the boys played professionally".
"We confirmed but we confirmed the way we wanted to, which was playing well and having a result", said Mourinho post-match.
"He looks, as Steven [Gerrard] says, his body shape, he looks like a player who needs to be playing every week".
"I am very excited for the derby", Lindelöf stated to manutd.com.
Shaw started nine Premier League in the 2016-17 season to struggle to get in the team ahead of his left-back rivals Daley Blind, Matteo Darmian and Ashley Young.
It was only his 50 appearance in a Manchester United jersey despite signing for the club over three years ago.
"We had Rooney, who was a player if he missed a couple of games you knew, he wasn't looking after himself".
Shaw has struggled for form and fitness at United, and nearly had his career ended after suffering a horrific double-leg break in 2015. Recent reports by The Daily Mail suggest that we are ground confident of signing Tottenham left back, Danny Rose who is one of the finest players in his position in the division.
Should United persevere with Luke Shaw?
- Airlines: "Smart Bags" Pose Explosion Risk
- Putin to Allow Athletes to Compete as Individuals in PyeongChang
- Evacuations ordered in Bel Air as wildfire burns near the 405 freeway
- State Dems: Rural Wisconsin Suffers Most if FCC Dumps Net Neutrality
- Hawaii introduces nuclear air raid drills as tensions with North Korea escalate
- Fire rages near Bel Air, the Getty museum in Los Angeles
- Lubaina Himid wins Turner Prize 2017
- Roger Goodell finally signs contract extension with NFL
- Detentions spike, border arrests fall in Trump's first year
- Seahawks commentator Warren Moon, Hall of Fame QB, sued for sexual harassment