There was no other way, Taggart said during Wednesday's press conference.
Freshman safety Nick Pickett tweeted: " (Taggart) is a liar then gone cry (in) front of the team like we gone feel bad for (him)". He takes over for Jimbo Fisher, who left for Texas A&M last month after receiving a record-setting 10-year offer.
The 41-year old Bradenton native coached at South Florida for four seasons before going to Oregon. He also said he doesn't see Florida State's 6-6 year as a sign it's in a rebuilding phase - but rather a "realignment".
During his introductory press conference at Florida State on Wednesday, Taggart said he apologized to Mullens on the way out of the Hatfield-Dowlin Complex. While that is not at all unusual for a man tabbed with leading a blue blood program, Taggart elected to leave the Oregon Ducks without a head coach and, apparently, that is not going over well with everyone. "I wanted him to come here, too", Gloria Taggart said.
"This is not a rebuild, it's a realignment".
"It was really nice walking onto the field this morning, and walking to the 50-yard line, like, 'Yes, I made it.' " Taggart said. We're going to go out and find them and find the right guys, the right guys that are going to come here and do the right things. We're not going to make excuses. Taggart finished his college career as a Walter Payton Award finalist twice and eventually became one of only four players in Western Kentucky history to have his jersey retired.
The person says Taggart has called a team meeting to inform his OR players he is heading to Tallahassee to replace Jimbo Fisher. "The timing is probably not right, but it's never right when it's time to leave". Taggart talked extensively about being closer to home, and he mentioned his late father, saying, "I feel like I'm here now because of my dad, he put the word in to the good Lord, please get my son be closer to home and closer to his mom". "I know this is hard for him, hard for my family, moving once again". I wanted to come here and play. "But no matter where I went, the Seminoles were always a part of me".
- Hawaii introduces nuclear air raid drills as tensions with North Korea escalate
- Violence against women concerns us all
- UNICEF Says 17 Million Babies At Risk From Toxic Air
- Man United among Champions League last 16
- Tennessee offers job to Alabama DC Jeremy Pruitt
- UCLA Basketball: Steve Alford 'Surprised' By LiAngelo Ball's Departure
- 'SWAT' and 'Westworld' Halt Production Due to California Wildfires
- Eminem reveals Ed Sheeran and Pink collaborations for Revival album
- Nigerian motorists queuing for fuel told there are no shortages
- Steam suspends Bitcoin support due to high fees