There was no other way, Taggart said during Wednesday's press conference.
Freshman safety Nick Pickett tweeted: " (Taggart) is a liar then gone cry (in) front of the team like we gone feel bad for (him)". He takes over for Jimbo Fisher, who left for Texas A&M last month after receiving a record-setting 10-year offer.
The 41-year old Bradenton native coached at South Florida for four seasons before going to Oregon. He also said he doesn't see Florida State's 6-6 year as a sign it's in a rebuilding phase - but rather a "realignment".
During his introductory press conference at Florida State on Wednesday, Taggart said he apologized to Mullens on the way out of the Hatfield-Dowlin Complex. While that is not at all unusual for a man tabbed with leading a blue blood program, Taggart elected to leave the Oregon Ducks without a head coach and, apparently, that is not going over well with everyone. "I wanted him to come here, too", Gloria Taggart said.
"This is not a rebuild, it's a realignment".
"It was really nice walking onto the field this morning, and walking to the 50-yard line, like, 'Yes, I made it.' " Taggart said. We're going to go out and find them and find the right guys, the right guys that are going to come here and do the right things. We're not going to make excuses. Taggart finished his college career as a Walter Payton Award finalist twice and eventually became one of only four players in Western Kentucky history to have his jersey retired.
The person says Taggart has called a team meeting to inform his OR players he is heading to Tallahassee to replace Jimbo Fisher. "The timing is probably not right, but it's never right when it's time to leave". Taggart talked extensively about being closer to home, and he mentioned his late father, saying, "I feel like I'm here now because of my dad, he put the word in to the good Lord, please get my son be closer to home and closer to his mom". "I know this is hard for him, hard for my family, moving once again". I wanted to come here and play. "But no matter where I went, the Seminoles were always a part of me".
- New iOS 12 Emojis Coming In 2018
- Fire rages near Bel Air, the Getty museum in Los Angeles
- Jio Rs 459 vs Vodafone Rs 509 Vs Airtel Rs 509
- Roger Goodell finally signs contract extension with NFL
- Airlines: "Smart Bags" Pose Explosion Risk
- John Mayer thanks fans for "amazingly kind and loving tweets"
- Seahawks commentator Warren Moon, Hall of Fame QB, sued for sexual harassment
- Osmania University suspends classes after protests on campus, exams postponed
- Putin to Allow Athletes to Compete as Individuals in PyeongChang
- Hawaii introduces nuclear air raid drills as tensions with North Korea escalate