Sahara Reporters went out on the streets to talk to people waiting on the queues, to hear what they have to say.
Queues piled up at for petrol stations on Tuesday in Nigeria's major cities, including Abuja, Lagos and Kano in spite of assurances of adequate supplies.The Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) had assured Nigerians of adequate fuel supply in all parts of the country and restated that there was no plan to increase the pump price of petrol.
In Kaduna, long queues have resurfaced at many filling stations in the state capital and other parts of the state, as most of the stations across the metropolis were shut down on Tuesday morning due to non-availability of petrol.
It assured that its downstream subsidiary companies, namely the Petroleum Products Marketing Company and NNPC Retail Limited were fully geared up to ensure that motorists enjoy uninterrupted access to petrol throughout the nation.
The state oil company, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), said rumours that pump prices would increase in the run-up to Christmas had contributed to the increased demand for petrol.
He assured the public that the corporation had enough stock of petroleum products to ensure seamless supply and distribution of products across the country, especially during the Yuletide.
Speaking after an investigative hearing on the matter yesterday, Chairman of the committee, Senator Kabiru Marafa, said the NNPC boss is to appear before the committee tomorrow.
This, he said, is to avoid the situation where some unpatriotic persons would cause unnecessary hardships for Nigerians in the festive season.
"However, given the seriousness of the matter, we chose to invite the GMD to come and brief on the development and to enable Nigerians know the situation of things. We will break into sub-committees to be able to cover the entire country for the inspection", he said.
"We will also get these details from the filling stations to ascertain when last they got supplies and the quantity sold".
He disclosed that the seriousness of the situation informed the need to summon Maikanti himself.
- Eminem reveals Ed Sheeran and Pink collaborations for Revival album
- Dem Rep. Al Green says he'll force vote to impeach Trump
- Detentions spike, border arrests fall in Trump's first year
- Lubaina Himid wins Turner Prize 2017
- Hackers hold NC county's computers ransom for 2 bitcoins
- Trump calls on Saudis to immediately end Yemen blockade
- Roger Goodell finally signs contract extension with NFL
- Man United among Champions League last 16
- Hornets' Steve Clifford Takes Leave Of Absence To Address Health
- Giants' Eli Manning to officially start Week 14