Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn have been wreaking havoc on SmackDown Live for months, but now they're starting to learn that there are consequences to their actions. It came on the back of four straight weeks of quality television, and with Clash of Champions less than a fortnight away, SD is coasting on inertia.
Powell's POV: Shane McMahon named himself special referee of the tag match and announced the stipulation, which didn't appear to sit well with Daniel Bryan's character. At the end of the show, McMahon decided that he will be the guest referee and if Owens and Zayn lose, they'll be fired from WWE.
WWE also added Rusev and English to the tag title match, and made the women's championship match a lumberjack match.
Next week's episode will be the final show before the Clash of Champions pay-per-view and is expected to be the show where Orton announces Nakamura to be his tag team partner for his match against Owens & Zayn. Champions The Usos were originally slated to face New Day, as well as Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable.
Kevin Owens had escaped the handcuffs at ringside to join his friend in their two-against-one beatdown of Orton in a no-disqualification main event.
- Look images from X-Men: Dark Phoenix
- Post 735 to remember attack on Pearl Harbor
- Kim Kardashian Announces Beauty Competition Show 'Glam Masters'
- General Electric cutting 12000 jobs in energy division
- Sacramento civic and business leaders urge local Congress members to fix DACA
- Tre'Davious White clears protocol, calls Rob Gronkowski 'dirty player'
- Ex-Cop Michael Slager Found Guilty of Murder in Walter Scott Shooting
- Pearson plc 2.4% Potential Upside Indicated by JP Morgan Cazenove
- Rolls-Royce engine trouble forces Air New Zealand to ground flights
- Hue Jackson comments on Browns after exit of Sashi Brown