Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn have been wreaking havoc on SmackDown Live for months, but now they're starting to learn that there are consequences to their actions. It came on the back of four straight weeks of quality television, and with Clash of Champions less than a fortnight away, SD is coasting on inertia.
Powell's POV: Shane McMahon named himself special referee of the tag match and announced the stipulation, which didn't appear to sit well with Daniel Bryan's character. At the end of the show, McMahon decided that he will be the guest referee and if Owens and Zayn lose, they'll be fired from WWE.
WWE also added Rusev and English to the tag title match, and made the women's championship match a lumberjack match.
Next week's episode will be the final show before the Clash of Champions pay-per-view and is expected to be the show where Orton announces Nakamura to be his tag team partner for his match against Owens & Zayn. Champions The Usos were originally slated to face New Day, as well as Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable.
Kevin Owens had escaped the handcuffs at ringside to join his friend in their two-against-one beatdown of Orton in a no-disqualification main event.
- Square Enix will reveal the new Tomb Raider game in 2018
- Post 735 to remember attack on Pearl Harbor
- Shakhtar Donetsk boss celebrates win over Man City by going full Zorro
- Rolls-Royce engine trouble forces Air New Zealand to ground flights
- August Ames death: Is this why adult film star, 23, died?
- Look images from X-Men: Dark Phoenix
- LiAngelo, LaMelo Ball Sign With Lonzo's Agent, Will Play Overseas
- Striking images show California wildfires from space
- Sacramento civic and business leaders urge local Congress members to fix DACA
- Brussels Loses Euro 2020 Matches To Wembley