If this sounds somewhat familiar, it's because X-Men: The Last Stand covered parts of this comic-book storyline - and did it pretty badly, too.
Dark Phoenix takes place in 1992, which is 10 years after the events of X-Men: Apocalypse and sees the X-Men as celebrities. On Nov. 2, 2018, Dark Phoenix will arrive in theaters and finally deliver the storyline X-Men fans have wanted for years. Here are the first images, beyond that glimpse of the magazine cover above.
Writer-director Simon Kinberg explains that Xavier puts the team on more and more risky missions, culminating in a space rescue mission gone awry, where a solar flare awakens Jean Grey (Sophie Turner's) dark inner force, the Phoenix. The team will consist of Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Storm (Alexandra Shipp), Nightcrawler (Kodi Smit-McPhee), and Quicksilver (Evan Peters), with Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) again leading the team. Her hair is literally on fire - the last time we saw Jean Grey in "X-Men: Apocalypse", she was given a new uniform to train in the Danger Room after incinerating En Sabah Nur, officially becoming a new "X-Men" recruit.
The story draws heavily from the "Phoenix Saga" arc in Uncanny X-Men by Chris Claremont, Dave Cockrum, and John Byrne, which introduced the Dark Phoenix persona through Jean Grey's outer-space encounter with a deadly solar flare. But if one or more of these incredibly busy actors signed a contract to return for just one more X-Men movie, that might make sense. Actor James McAvoy describes it as the "most emotional X-Men we've done".
"Simon and I were talking about the character and I said, 'I keep thinking of the vet who tells you you need to put your dog down, '" says the actress of her inspiration.
HollywoodLifers, are you excited for X-Men: Dark Phoenix? "X-Men: Dark Phoenix" arrives in theaters November 2, 2018.
- Big Boss 11: Contestants Parents makes them Happy and Emotional
- Active shooter reported at Aztec High School
- Snow-Ice Warning Issued For Ireland
- Half of Americans believe Russia-Trump collusion probe politically motivated
- Singapore Airlines reroutes flights over North Korean missile threat
- Aiyar's jibe at PM, his latest in series of personal attacks
- SPD's Martin Schulz wants United States of Europe by 2025
- PlayStation 4 surpasses 70M sales as PSVR gains traction
- Pokemon Go Claims That PvP and Trading Are Still Planned
- Suns' Devin Booker leaves game after adductor strain