But if the USA does send its athletes to Pyeongchang, then Lindsey Vonn has made it clear she will not be representing President Donald Trump. Lougainis is a four-time Olympic gold medalist. "I take the Olympics very seriously and what they mean and what they represent, what walking under our flag means in the opening ceremony".
"Absolutely not", said Vonn. "No".
"I want to represent our country well".
Vonn has suffered a catalog of injuries throughout her career. "I don't think that there are a lot of people now in our government that do that", Vonn, who is in Switzerland preparing for February's Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, told CNN Wednesday.
And if she does, don't expect her to celebrate with President Donald Trump at the White House. In September, the president also retracted an invitation for two-time NBA MVP Stephen Curry to visit the White House-even though Curry had already said he wasn't going to make the trip.
Traditionally, members of the United States Olympic team are invited to the White House following the Games in celebration of their accomplishments.
Vonn, who was off seven months in 2017 due to an arm injury, began her lead-up to the Pyeongchang Games early last month.
Pyeongchang will be Vonn's first Games since Vancouver 2010, where her downhill triumph turned her into a global star and one of the world's best-paid winter athletes with a net worth, according to Forbes, of about $3 million. She broke her arm past year and is still recovering from nerve damage.
- Drake, Moana Top Apple Charts in 2017
- First snow flurries of season set to fall into festive place
- WH budget meeting planned with Trump, congressional leaders
- SPD's Martin Schulz wants United States of Europe by 2025
- Shakhtar Donetsk boss celebrates win over Man City by going full Zorro
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds: Desert Map Name & New Weapons Revealed
- What the CVS and Aetna merger could mean for you
- Instagram's Distinct Messaging App Could be A victor
- Square Enix will reveal the new Tomb Raider game in 2018
- Arsenal vs BATE Borisov