Brown's replacement will have five draft picks in the first two rounds next spring to work with, including two picks - the Browns' and Texans' first-round selections - that should fall in the top 10. "Today we informed Sashi that we were going in a new direction".
While Brown excelled in acquiring draft picks, it appears there was a lack of confidence in his ability to capitalize on said assets.
What comes next for the Cleveland Browns front office now that Sashi Brown is out? The 2018 draft and offseason is pivotal for our franchise, we need to ensure that we maximize our opportunity for success; with our picks, free agency and building our roster. The Browns' next GM will be its ninth since the franchise moved to Cleveland in 1999, the most in the National Football League in that span.
The Browns are 19-67 since, and 1-30 since Week 15 of the 2015 season.
The Cleveland Browns are the only winless team remaining in the National Football League and, to make things even uglier, no other National Football League franchise has fewer than two wins over the course of the 2017 season to this point.
However, the team's decision to pass up on drafting quarterbacks Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson in the past two drafts may have hastened Brown's demise and Cleveland has shown little sign of improvement since Brown took over.
Brown had no experience in evaluating players as he primarily handled the team's salary cap before he was promoted.
But the important thing to remember is that Jackson and Haslam are staying.
The Browns host the Green Bay Packers on Sunday.
- Did President Trump slur his Jerusalem speech? You be the judge
- Here's how NY House members voted on concealed carry reciprocity
- Shakhtar Donetsk boss celebrates win over Man City by going full Zorro
- Singapore Airlines reroutes flights over North Korean missile threat
- Instagram's Distinct Messaging App Could be A victor
- Myanmar forces may be guilty of genocide, United Nations says
- Striking images show California wildfires from space
- Aiyar's jibe at PM, his latest in series of personal attacks
- Pearson plc 2.4% Potential Upside Indicated by JP Morgan Cazenove
- PlayStation 4 surpasses 70M sales as PSVR gains traction