"This is the fastest moving social change we've seen in decades", Time editor in chief Edward Felsenthal said on the show.
Taylor Swift, who won $1 in a sexual harassment trial against a a Denver DJ accused of groping her also appeared on the magazine's cover.
Time's 2017 Person of the Year is The Silence Breakers, what the magazine refers to as "the individuals who set off a national reckoning over the prevalence of sexual harassment". The Plaza Hotel Plaintiffs (a group of seven women who filed a sexual-harassment suit against the hotel) were also named by the magazine as "silence breakers".
"Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named "Man (Person) of the Year", like last year, but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot", said Trump "I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!" "For their influence on 2017, they are TIME's Person of the Year".
Kim Jung Un of North Korea earned a spot on the list thanks in large part to the ongoing threat of nuclear war between his country and the rest of the world.
The movement, which was launched in the wake of sexual harassment allegations and charges against Harvey Weinstein and a number of other high-profile men in Hollywood, is credited with beginning "one of the highest-velocity shifts in our culture since the 1960s".
Next up were the Dreamers, whose plight has been the subject of much political discourse after President Trump and his administration revoked an Obama-era program meant to give the children who were born to illegal immigrants a path to citizenship in the United States.
Runners up included Chinese President Xi Jinping and U.S. President Donald Trump. The choices ranged from Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon, to Robert Mueller, the special counsel investigating whether or not the Trump campaign played a role in Russia's attempted interference in the 2017 election. "Women have had it with bosses and co-workers who not only cross boundaries but don't even seem to know that boundaries exist".
- Treausuer lauds economic growth figures
- Steinhoff shares plunge 60% after CEO quits
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at six per cent
- NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA) PT Raised to $250.00 at Canaccord Genuity
- Stock Technical & Performances to Explore: JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM)
- (GILD) Covered By 19 Bullish Analysts Last Week
- Steve Smith admits being nervous on final day following Australia's Ashes win
- Prince William probably won't be Prince Harry's best man
- Zinke Says New Mexico Monuments Won't Shrink
- Dead baby found alive: Delhi govt probe panel faults Max Hospital