How Portal came to be involved is now a mystery, and it seems as if news of the game was leaked early and this was actually meant to be an announcement at The Game Awards tomorrow.
Developed by ClockStone Software, in collaboration with Portal creator Valve, the game itself will be published by Headup Games for PC, Mac, Linux, and iOS in addition to Android.
A new Portal game was announced!
Bridge Constructor Portal will be released on December 20 2017 for Windows, MacOS and Linux as well as for mobile devices.
Versions for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will follow next year, according to the announcement from Headup Games. The game is actually a spin-off of Bridge Constructor - a 2013 title that isn't a huge hit, but has its share of fans.
Portal 3 might not be a reality anytime soon, but that hasn't stopped Valve from allowing other developers to use its license. I'm still crossing my fingers for an eventual Portal 3, but for now we have Bridge Constructor Portal to keep us engaged with puzzles and power hungry robots.
It's probably not where anybody expected Portal to go after Portal 2 and VR playground The Lab, but sometimes you've gotta build a few bridges to get where you're really going.
Recognisable elements of the series have appeared in some VR projects, and Portal characters also featured in their own dedicated part of toys-to-life game Lego Dimensions in 2015.
- Melbourne byelection looms as Labor's David Feeney falls into citizenship trap
- Disney And Fox Could Close A Deal As Soon As Next Week
- Iomart Group Plc 13.9% Potential Upside Indicated by N+1 Singer
- Steinhoff shares plunge 60% after CEO quits
- After updating to iOS iPhone X complain of problems with
- John Travolta's mafia movie Gotti dumped at last minute
- Iranian FM Deplores US Supreme Court's Greenlight for Muslim Ban
- Beyonce Presents Sports Illustrated Award to Colin Kaepernick
- Bitcoin Hits Record $12000 As Futures Trading Looms
- Investigation continues as missing girls found