In 2015, N'Zonzi's form for Stoke City handed him a move to Sevilla, and he has starred for the Spaniards, making more than 100 appearances for the Andalusian side whilst winning the 2016 Europa League title.
Steven N'Zonzi is reportedly edging ever closer to a January move to Arsenal after the player was given permission by Sevilla to travel to London.
When asked about whether he would rather be with the team (who are in Slovenia for their final Group E match against Maribor) N'Zonzi was particularly candid. "What annoys me is that I will not be part of this adventure".
However, N'Zonzi did add that he is leaving Sevilla soon, with his future clearly lying elsewhere - but he is disappointed with how his time with the club will end having been frozen out by manager Eduardo Berizzo. "The only thing that disappoints me is the way it has ended".
It's reported the player skipped training the day after that 3-3 draw against Liverpool, intensifying further any speculation of a potential winter exit. "The coach pointed a little, I do not hold a grudge, I'm not here to argue with him, but his words then mean the relationship broke down". I can't talk about clauses or prices if we don't have an offer.
"Whether in a 4-3-3, 3-5-2 or any other formation, a player must adapt to what his coach demands and I have always done it".
"Compared to my situation, the fact that I was always a pro despite the circumstances, that I always did the job, I found it unfair".
- BBC uses clips of wrong Bollywood stars in tribute to Shashi Kapoor
- National Christmas Tree Shortage Hits the Four States
- Investigation continues as missing girls found
- That new rumoured Portal game? It's a Bridge Constructor spin-off
- Cheerleader's 'invisible box' stunt breaks the internet
- Saints prep for Falcons, may have Lattimore
- Disney And Fox Could Close A Deal As Soon As Next Week
- Deutsche Bank Now Covering Rite Aid (NYSE:RAD) With $2.25 Target
- Brrrrr! Bone-chilling gales for Denver, and snow possible Thursday
- Melbourne byelection looms as Labor's David Feeney falls into citizenship trap