"Yesterday, I passed an order on disqualification within three months and then I gave the strong opinion at the end saying such decisions should be decided in around three months because the disqualifications (plea) itself that have been filed, some of them are pending for years", Naidu said.
Rajya Sabha Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu agreed to the JD (U)'s contention that the two senior leaders had "voluntarily given up" their membership by defying their party s directives and attending events of opposition parties. "I decide and declare accordingly". "A time will come when they will ask what was the crime of these two persons (Yadav and Anwar), for which they were given such a treatment, and Nitish Kumar will have a tough time coming up with an answer", he added.
Yadav claimed that the JDU has always been functioning in an undemocratic fashion and his exclusion from the Rajya Sabha is because he questioned the party's wrong working pattern.
In a brief response to news agency IANS, Sharad Yadav had confirmed that a 15-page notice on his disqualification was served to him at his Delhi residence "late on Monday night" and that he had hoped to go through the notice on Tuesday before sending his reply to the Rajya Sabha secretariat.
Kumar, Prasad said, had meted out a similar treatment to Yadav and Ali, who stood by the JD (U) chief's side when he was struggling to get a foothold in Bihar's politics.
The 70-year-old politician criticised JDU chief Nitish Kumar as he recalled Kumar's decision from July to break the grand alliance with Congress and RJD and join hands with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
More details are awaited.
- Time names Person of the Year
- Bitcoin Hits Record $12000 As Futures Trading Looms
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at six per cent
- Apple TV will finally get Amazon Prime Video
- BJP targets Cong after Sibal seeks deferment of Ayodhya case
- Forecast: Chance of light snow or light rain in the Omaha area
- Gus Malzahn says best days are ahead for Auburn
- Beyonce Presents Sports Illustrated Award to Colin Kaepernick
- Sierra Leone auctions off "peace diamond" for US$6.5 million
- Prince William probably won't be Prince Harry's best man