However, while Matt was rather sympathetic to Meghan's plight, his co-star Claire Foy, who plays Queen Elizabeth on the Netflix drama, believed the royal engagement - and in particular, Meghan's divorcee status - signalled a change in the times.
'And they really have. "It's such a transition in her life, and it's such a huge thing to take on".
"This would not have been conceivable, this would not have happened 50 years ago", reckoned Foy.
Apparently, Pornhub visitors also showed a little spike of interest in Ms. Markle when her and Harry first went public in November of past year - with searches increasing by 1430 per cent. "And I think that's why the monarchy will survive and thrive, because it's willing to change and listen to the people and realise that some elements of the institution are outdated and unnecessary", she added. It is exciting, though, not just that she's marrying a prince, but also - more importantly - that she's marrying the man she loves. While many expect her A-list friends such as Serena Williams and Priyanka Chopra to be invited to the nuptials, it's likely the royal family will want to steer clear of a celebrity wedding.
However, Prince William broke with tradition and had Harry be his best man when he married Middleton in 2011. They can live relatively normal lives while also being very famous.
The fictional Queen Elizabeth II said, "She's an actress, so there's hope for us all", during the same panel.
- Steve Smith admits being nervous on final day following Australia's Ashes win
- Atiku Visit PDP Headquarters, Urges All Defectors To Return "Home"
- Arnold officer in critical condition after shooting
- NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA) PT Raised to $250.00 at Canaccord Genuity
- Treausuer lauds economic growth figures
- Champions League: United, Juve into Last 16; as Bayern Beat PSG
- (GILD) Covered By 19 Bullish Analysts Last Week
- "Presidents can not obstruct justice" claim by Trump lawyers may not hold up
- Federal officials file new charges against man acquitted in Kate Steinle case
- Explore the Expansive "Monster Hunter"