Students of Osmania University in Hyderabad staged protest after one of their batchmates committed suicide on campus on Sunday. Large number of students of the University came out in protest, after which, on Monday, the police cracked down and arrested over a hundred of them from campus premises. They pointed out the difference between Murali's handwriting and the writing in the reported suicide note. It said that he was committing suicide as he feared failing in the examination. I never wanted to fail in exams. Telangana Joint Action Committee of the alliance had given a call for a complete shutdown of the Osmania University on Monday. "The situation has not changed for Telangana youths who fought for a separate state as they continue to remain jobless", TJAC convenor prof b Kodandaram said. OU vice-chancellor S Ramachandram condoled the sudden death of E Murali as he urged students to maintain peace.
Protests erupted on campus after several student leaders alleged that the 20-year-old killed himself as he was allegedly unhappy with the TRS government for its delay in issuing a job notification. Arunank, a member of Democratic Students Union in the campus alleged that the Telangana Government has been neglecting the development of the University resulting in degrading conditions of education in the University. Security was tightened on the campus even as students raised slogans against the chief minister. The budget released by the University is only enough for paying the salaries and pensions of the employees and the students education is being affected. The students refused to allow the police to shift the body of the deceased E Murali for postmortem, insisting on Rs 50 lakh ex-gratia.
- Riyadh says most corruption detainees have agreed to settle
- Jihadist Plot to Kill British Prime Minister Thwarted
- Pope urges respect for Jerusalem 'status quo'
- Dele Alli bids to recover form in weakened Tottenham team
- Roger Goodell finally signs contract extension with NFL
- Hackers hold NC county's computers ransom for 2 bitcoins
- Atlanta mayoral candidate demands recount after losing by razor-thin margin
- Dem Women Senators Call For Franken Ouster Amid Harassment Allegations
- Natural disaster hits Uttarakhand, tremors felt in Delhi, Haryana
- Analyzing US Gasoline Inventories and Demand