"PA State Representative Daryl Metcalfe disrupted a State Government Committee meeting this morning - about a land use bill! - to loudly declare his heterosexuality!" wrote Sims, a Democrat.
State Rep. Daryl Metcalfe told a Democratic male colleague to stop touching his arm Tuesday during a House committee meeting because he's heterosexual, and then urged the Democrat to look to people in his own party if he wanted to touch men.
When asked whether he intended the references to the sexuality of Bradford and other Democrats in a pejorative way, Metcalfe responded, "I said what I said". Straining not to laugh, Rep. Bradford ended with, "And, uh, yeah, I'm pretty much without any further comment that would be constructive at this time". "If you want to touch somebody, you might have people on your side of the aisle that might like it, I don't". "I don't", he continued.
Bradford ceded his time to talk about the bill after the outburst, saying, "I don't know where we go from here".
Metcalfe replied, "Then beg, don't touch".
Bradford had been speaking and trying to gain agreement, and had momentarily for a split second, place his hand on Metcalfe's suit jacket sleeve.
A call has been made for Metcalfe to resign after the remarks. According to their official bios, Bradford is married with four children and Metcalfe is married with one child. "Let me make a suggestion that we do a motion to postpone until our next regularly called meeting of the State Government Committee".
Not everyone likes to be touched. "I've tried to calm him down".
An unusual encounter between two PA lawmakers during a committee hearing got, you could say, "touchy".
When the Supreme Court recognized same-sex marriages across the country in 2015, Metcalfe said the justices displayed "judicial tyranny", according to PennLive.
"I think that whole thing says a lot about the gentleman", Bradford said.
"His talking about that on the House floor would have been an open rebellion against Almighty God and God's word, against God's law", Metcalfe said later.
- NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA) PT Raised to $250.00 at Canaccord Genuity
- Treausuer lauds economic growth figures
- Prince William probably won't be Prince Harry's best man
- Dozens injured in a train collision in Meerbusch, Germany
- Toll Brothers misses on the top and bottom lines
- United Kingdom made no estimate of Brexit's economic impact
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at six per cent
- Apple TV will finally get Amazon Prime Video
- 11000-acre Creek fire prompts mandatory evacuations from La Crescenta to Sylmar
- Joel Matip Ruled Out Of Crucial Champions League Clash Vs Spartak Moscow