Sherra Wright, the ex-wife of slain NBA basketball player Lorenzen Wright, grieves at the casket of Wright during a memorial service at the FedExForum in Memphis, Tenn., on Wednesday, Aug. 4, 2010. He was drafted seventh by the Clippers in 1996 and played a total of 13 National Basketball Association seasons for the Clippers, Hawks, Cavaliers, Kings and Grizzlies.
At about 10:30 in the evening of July 18, his ex-wife said he left her home in Collierville, a Memphis suburb, with drugs and an unspecified amount of cash.
Memphis police announced last month they had found a gun in a MS lake about 75 miles east of the city that they believed to be connected with Wright's murder, Commercial Appeal reports. He was 34 at the time of his disappearance.
Before he left, Sherra Wright said she overheard her ex-husband on the telephone telling someone that he was going to 'flip something for $110,000, ' the document said.
Sherra said Lorenzen left her home in a vehicle with a person she could not identify. He was visiting Memphis from his home in the Atlanta area in the summer of 2010 when he disappeared. That person reportedly heard gunshots before the call was dropped. They didn't send a patrol officer or relay the information to Memphis police until days later.
Wright went missing on the night of July 19, 2010, and made a 911 call in which nine gunshots could be heard. That info was not given to the Memphis PD until several days later and authorities also failed to make a timely connection to the missing person report.
Wright's body was found in a field near some woods in the height of summer, complicating the investigation because evidence had likely deteriorated in the heat. Wright's body was eventually found in badly decomposed state, with bullet fragments in his chest, head, and one of his forearms. Wright's playing weight was around 225 pounds.
- Congratulations to Austria - court overturns barriers to equal marriage
- Google Pixel 2 receives major price cut on Flipkart
- Johnny Hallyday, the Elvis of France, Dies at 74
- Arnold officer in critical condition after shooting
- US B-1B Bombers to Join Exercise in South Korea, Yonhap Says
- US Battles For Global Push On N.Korea Amid Russia, China Doubts
- RK Nagar by-polls: Actor Vishal thanks EC for accepting his nomination
- Fallen Kingdom' trailer is coming
- Atiku Visit PDP Headquarters, Urges All Defectors To Return "Home"
- Champions League: United, Juve into Last 16; as Bayern Beat PSG