Pep Guardiola's side are already guaranteed to top Group F, after beating Feyenoord 1-0 last time out, and could become the seventh side to win all six of their group matches in the competition, with Real Madrid the last side to do so in the 2014/15 campaign.
They now have 43 points from 15 fixtures, while United have 35. "It showed what we are".
"He certainly did, he got both hands to most things that came in, " Moyes said positively. It was massive. They played 10 players inside the box, it was nearly impossible.
David Moyes is still waiting for his first win since taking charge of the Hammers and, after slipping into the bottom three following a hammering at Everton on Wednesday, the odds do not look good for the Londoners this weekend.
But Guardiola's side were always going to be hard to deny for the entire 90 minutes, as City did find their breakthrough in the 57th minute, when Gabriel Jesus' direct run and cross found Nicolas Otamendi to level the match.
"We started really well but we lost our patience".
"You have to try to solve it (when teams pack the defence)".
"But you have ups and downs - what is important is that in the second half it was outstanding the way we played".
"The pace was better, we had more presence in the box".
Bournemouth were aggrieved not to have won a penalty and defender Adam Smith, who thought he was fouled, said the referee had admitted later that it should have been a spot-kick.
Silva, who last month signed a one-year contract extension until 2020, has been sensational in that run, scoring twice and laying on eight assists as Guardiola's side have set about dismantling Premier League opposition at will.
And they were rewarded for their organization when Aaron Cresswell's good delivery from Angelo Ogbonna in the 44th minute to give the Hammers an improbable lead.
Against an imposing United lineup that includes Romelu Lukaku and Nemanja Matic, the leaders could have their work cut out next week against master-tactician Jose Mourinho.
- Selena Gomez Inspired By The Resilience Of Women
- Arkansas Targeting SMU Coach Chad Morris
- Fitbit Ionic Update Adds More Apps and Watch Faces
- New General Motors app lets you order and shop from your vehicle
- The Today Show's Ratings Rise After Matt Lauer's Exit
- Pizza Hut testing beer delivery in Phoenix
- Record-breaking rainbow in Taiwan lasts for 9 fantastic hours
- Obama: Curbing Climate Change Should Be 'Obsession For Us'
- Griffin Asset Management Inc. Takes Position in United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS)
- The Value of Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) Underpriced by 8.8%?