Anything less than three points however means that the visitors will be the team to drop into Europe's second-tier competition.
After failing to cement their spot in the round of 16 last month in Sevilla, Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool side will be looking to make a statement and secure their spot at the top of Group E. Although the Reds may have shown some inconsistencies during their qualifying campaign, Liverpool will be favorites to take three points on Wednesday night. However, if Aubameyang does end up moving to Anfield then he should be the one to lead the line as the Gabon worldwide is better finisher than the Brazilian. With Roberto Firmino and Mohamed Salah scoring nine goals between them in their last five European fixtures, Liverpool will fancy their chances against a Spartak Moscow side who have conceded at least one goal in their last 15 Champions League match ups.
But Massimo Carrera's Spartak too are also on good form, winning four of their last five and like Liverpool sitting fourth in their domestic division.
Anything but progression to the next round would be sure to spell widespread criticism and ridicule towards Liverpool, who are well capable of reaching the latter stages of this tournament given the potency of their front-line.
This is not the news Liverpool fans wanted to see.
Klopp's options in defence have been boosted by the return of Joe Gomez and Ragnar Klavan as the duo are back in contention after recovering from illness.
Alberto Moreno is expected to get a recall at left-back with Andrew Robertson dropping out having made a rare start against Brighton at the weekend.
Adam Lallana will not be involved as he continues to build towards full fitness after sustaining a few niggles following his long-term thigh injury.
However, Klopp has reiterated that he is not concerned about any bid, instead claiming that he is only focused on the club's important Champions League clash with Spartak Moscow.
- Is Arshi Khan The New Captain Of The House?
- Man Charged in 2010 Murder of Former Grizzlies Center Lorenzen Wright
- NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA) PT Raised to $250.00 at Canaccord Genuity
- Arnold officer in critical condition after shooting
- 11000-acre Creek fire prompts mandatory evacuations from La Crescenta to Sylmar
- Atiku Visit PDP Headquarters, Urges All Defectors To Return "Home"
- INTC) — Intel Corporation (NASDAQ
- Stock Technical & Performances to Explore: JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM)
- Champions League: United, Juve into Last 16; as Bayern Beat PSG
- Italy's Prysmian to buy United States rival General Cable for €3bn