CBS Sports reported earlier on Sunday (Dec. 3) that Arkansas had offered Malzahn a seven year deal that was worth close to $50 million. "We have great players".
Arkansas reportedly has been making a run for Malzahn, but he said he has put in too much effort at Auburn to up and leave.
Georgia, which led 10-7 at halftime, was sixth in this week's CFP rankings, but should move to at least fourth in the final set of standings.
No. 7 Auburn will face No. 12 UCF in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl on New Year's Day. Malzahn is an Arkansas native who was a longtime Arkansas high school coach and is a former Razorbacks assistant. He got his first collegiate head coaching job at Arkansas State in 2012.
"I'm very appreciative of President [Steven] Leath and the Auburn administration for their belief in me and their commitment to our future", Malzahn told ESPN. I love the school and love where we're going. The moderator of the call eventually requested that no more questions be asked about the coaching situation and even cut one reporter off.
Malzahn led the Tigers to the BCS title game in his first season, but they lost 34-31 to Florida State. And now that Auburn is out of contention for the College Football Playoff, it seems more likely that Malzahn might listen.
The win over the Crimson Tide was the second of Malzahn's tenure, and once Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin was sacked, he became the only active SEC head coach with a win against Alabama head coach Nick Saban.
Malzahn has been at Auburn since 2013 and has gone 45-21 over five seasons.
Auburn has also brought in a top-10 recruiting class in every year of Malzahn's tenure and is on track to bring in another in 2018.
- Steinhoff shares plunge 60% after CEO quits
- Take Two: Schumer, Pelosi Accept Trump's Invitation to Talk Budget
- After updating to iOS iPhone X complain of problems with
- Beyonce Presents Sports Illustrated Award to Colin Kaepernick
- Bitcoin Hits Record $12000 As Futures Trading Looms
- Federal officials file new charges against man acquitted in Kate Steinle case
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at six per cent
- Adams nails 20 points in Thunder win
- Treausuer lauds economic growth figures
- PM meets new UP mayors, Amethis civic polls winners of BJP