Now under interim coach Steve Spagnuolo, who was promoted from defensive coordinator on Monday and is considered a candidate to replace McAdoo, Manning will start for the 211th time in his career. "When Mr. John Mara and I talked, one of the first things he asked was about the quarterback situation, and I said, 'John, my gut is right now Eli should be the starter'".
The move was not announced by Spagnuolo until after practice Wednesday, but the first hint came when the 36-year-old Manning took the first snap when the offense went to work.
Sales of Manning's jersey surged more than 70 per cent after his benching last week, compared with sales over the previous seven days, according to data from sports retailer Fanatics, which runs the National Football League's official online shop.
Manning rightfully rebuffed the idea of taking token starts simply to prolong his streak.
- Whistleblower To Dems: Flynn Promised Biz Associate He'd Gut Russia Sanctions
- Dem Women Senators Call For Franken Ouster Amid Harassment Allegations
- Hackers hold NC county's computers ransom for 2 bitcoins
- Vladimir Putin to stand for re-election as Russian president
- Pope urges respect for Jerusalem 'status quo'
- Brrrrr! Bone-chilling gales for Denver, and snow possible Thursday
- Needle Moving Activity Spotted in Ascena Retail Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:ASNA)
- Bengaluru: After complaint, Ola driver made six threat calls, says stylist
- Riyadh says most corruption detainees have agreed to settle
- Ceridian Awarded 2018 Employees' Choice Awards by Glassdoor